Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

1995 C/K2500 gauge issue

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2016, 6:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 C/K2500 gauge issue

Hey guys!

I recently purchased a 95 extended cab 2500 Silverado. It had numerous sensor issues and sucks, but I'm having an issue that I can't seem to figure out.

Intermittently, the tachometer and speedometer will slowly start to rise, even if I'm maintaining speed and engine RPM. At the same time, the lighted shifter indicator in the cluster goes to about half brightness. It'll do that for approx 5 seconds and then the gauges snap back to normal. When it's acting up, it will do it every 15 seconds to a minute. It actually seems to happen worse after I add fuel, but it doesn't seem to matter where the fuel gauge is. That may just be coincidence, but it seems to happened fairly consistently that way. I haven't noticed any of the other gauges being affected, just speedometer tach and the shifter indicator light. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Lorne

Old August 27th, 2016, 7:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realized yesterday that as the speedo and tach rise, they only go to a point and then stop around 20% higher then they started. The speed doesn't seem to matter, it's just about 20% higher. They hold their position and then drop back to normal. Bizarre...

Thanks again,
Lorne