Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

96 z71 350 left turn stall, unique

Old March 8th, 2017, 5:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 z71 350 left turn stall, unique

here is what i have. i bought a truck anticipating a nasty winter. never got any snow o the truck never moved. when i bought the truck i drove it home without any problem. i went to fire it up the other day and the thing would crank, no start. it was foggy and this engine has the engineers cap on it. ive had a lot of problems with them so i just replaced it, of course with ac delco only. turned the key, still crank, no fire. dont know why i did but i hit the right turn signal and it fired right up.

i pulled out of my drive and hit a bump, engine died. crank, no fire. turn on the right turn signal, fire. whatever, drove off. a few miles down needed to make a left turn, accelerated from a stop to make left turn, 1/2 to 1/4 left on wheel, left turn signal on, died. left turn signal on, coasting crank, no fire, still coasting right signal, fire. coming down a hill using heavy breaking engine stalls without turning wheel and without signal.

ive tried some other things as well, left turn with right signal on, died. sitting in drive turning wheel right and let to max, doesn't die. just seeing if anyone else has had a problem like this. i think im dealing with a bad ground, from the quick look i gave the engine compartment im pretty sure someone has changed the motor. its cold so im trying to do research rather than freezing. the bat ground to engine appears to be clean and tight and the bat to body is clean and secure. is there a separate ground for the ignition and fuel pump?

thanks in advance,
john
Old March 8th, 2017, 10:48 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a very similar problem with a 98. Was the ignition switch.

Search this Thread