Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Searching for Lift kit

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2016, 8:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Searching for Lift kit

I have a full-size 1995 Chevrolet Silverado, Extended cab, 2WD Pickup.
I have been trying to locate a 6in. SUSPENSION LIFT kit for it. I have found a few of them, but they are all for 4x4's. I need a kit for 2WD models.
Anyone know of a company that carries and sells them?
Old December 23rd, 2016, 9:47 AM
CF Beginner

Hate to say it but this forum is practically dead.

Best bet is to go with the 4 " lift.. on the suspension..

4in Suspension Lift Kit for 88-98 Chevy / GMC 2wd 1500 Pickup/SUV [231N2] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

Then go with like a 2" body lift if you just have to have 6" I know your frame will still be only 4" lifted over stock but at least you can get close to what your looking for.

I did that on my dakota i had.. 1.5" from the tires; 1.5" from the torsion lift; then 2" from body lift.. worked out nicely
Old December 24th, 2016, 7:00 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks Jonathan for your quick response.

I have already installed a 4" suspension lift kit AND a 3" body lift kit, in addition to 18" wheels and 33" tires.

At the time when I purchased the lift kits, there WERE a couple of 6" kits available for the 2WD. They were quite a bit more in price and I was told that the 4" suspension lift and 3" body kits would give me ample space for 35" tires. That proved to be false. The 35's were way to big and I had to settle on the 33's. Even the 33's rub once in awhile.

The truck looks great and I get lots of compliments on it. People are surprised when I tell them it's not a 4WD.

I was hoping to locate and install the 6" kit now and the 35" tires and really make it look Awesome.

As I mentioned, they were available about 2-2 1/2 yrs ago. I'll continue my quest. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one.

Thanks again!