Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:20 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

05 Silverado Drivers Side Heater Problem

Old September 25th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ed2hess
I went to certified chev service and after discussion with
them they said they woudl replace the actuator. Other input I have gotten on here and other places suggests that is wrong. So if I paid Chev $400 and they replace the actuator and it don't fix the problem what will they do?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> ed2hess,

Your dealer should be able to assist you with this further. Has the vehicle been diagnosed for this issue?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 27th, 2012, 10:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
ed2hess,

Your dealer should be able to assist you with this further. Has the vehicle been diagnosed for this issue?

Louis
GM Customer Service
I am asking you as a customer service rep what will chev do if they put in the actuator and it doesn't fix t he problem?
Old October 8th, 2012, 3:10 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ed2hess
I am asking you as a customer service rep what will chev do if they put in the actuator and it doesn't fix t he problem?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> ed2hess,

This will be dependent on the part used. Please speak with your dealer for part warranty information. I cannot make any guarantee, as the vehicle has not been diagnosed. In addition, the vehicle is no longer under warranty.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 24th, 2013, 7:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2004 Silverado Has No Heat On Driver Side

AC works great, and heat works great on passenger side...just no heat on driver side...need to get this fixed! not looking to take to dealer...fix myself
Old September 24th, 2013, 7:59 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Myles McCarthy welcome to the forum

I'd be my guess that it is the blend door(s)
might want check the electrical connections to the blend doors, unplug and plug back in and see if that works, if not the motor for the drivers side is probably out.
Old September 25th, 2013, 7:31 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by thedogg7
I'm assuming that you have dual climate. I would say your driver side blend door actuator is bad or stuck. I would take the black plastic cover off under the dash, shut the driver side door, lean in on the floor from the pass side, turn the truck in accessory and move climate control for one side at a time. You should be able to hear the electric motor spinning in the actuator. Listen closely. If the passenger side is working it'll give you a good idea of what you're listening for. I would guess you actuator is mounted somewhere close to where mine are (see my above post). Let me know what you find out.
Here's a couple of diagrams for my 90/ You can go to GMpartsgiant.com punch in your Vin# and get and see almost every part # and diagram there is ??/ Find the best description in the columns then click on view and a diagram will come up for those items if you don't see you part on that location click on a different column and then view diagram ??/ hope this helps there's probably a double on pic's below ??/
Attached Thumbnails  05 Silverado Drivers Side Heater Problem-90-4-4-ac-heater-dia..jpg    05 Silverado Drivers Side Heater Problem-diagram-c-heater-module-asm-c42-c60-ck.jpg    05 Silverado Drivers Side Heater Problem-90-ac-heater.jpg  

Last edited by stevejohnson48; September 25th, 2013 at 7:33 AM. Reason: doubles on pic's
Old September 25th, 2013, 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Myles McCarthy welcome to the forum

I'd be my guess that it is the blend door(s)
might want check the electrical connections to the blend doors, unplug and plug back in and see if that works, if not the motor for the drivers side is probably out.
I figured out the obvious.....get the damn thing in ac mode and working and unplug it and then it can't ever ever move the door and blow warm air... cold ac the rest of the summer, then in winter plug it in if you need heat.
Old December 16th, 2013, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

What is a tech2? My battery was just changed and problem started immediately. 2005 with dual control. Passenger side works perfectly
Old December 16th, 2013, 9:05 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The tech2 it the programming tool used by the dealer.
Old December 16th, 2013, 9:59 PM
CF Beginner

do you know if there is any other way to reset besides going to the dealer?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 Silverado Drivers Side Heater Problem