Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Click Click Click

Search this Thread

Old October 14th, 2016, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Click Click Click

I have a 2006 Silverado 1500 4X4. I have been hearing a clicking noise at low speeds, first taking off or backing in the drive way. Noise is a quick clicking noise, sounds like it is coming from the LT front end. Already replaced a LT front hub & brg, front axle, brakes. Noise is still there when you shut the truck off and role in neutral. Noise has been there a while, not getting worse or better, just curious to see if anyone has experienced the same issue and if anyone has the fix or suggestions.
TY
Old October 14th, 2016, 11:31 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Does the rate of clicking change with tire speed or engine speed?

My first guess would be something stuck in the tread of your tire - rock, nail, etc.
Old October 16th, 2016, 3:35 PM
CF Beginner

The rate never changes, already checked the tires, nothing in the treads. I can shut the truck off and coast, and the noise is still there. I don't know if it might be something in the front differential, ie pinion bearing. Maybe the drive shaft?
Old October 19th, 2016, 7:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2000 Silverado and I have that same clicking noise. Haven't been able to pin point it yet. Checked the drive shaft it appears Ok, no play or loose bolts. Some on suggest checking the center drive shaft (not sure if that the correct name but it is connected to the body of the truck) which does has some play not sure if that is normal or not.
Old October 20th, 2016, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks, the noise sounds more like it is coming from the LT front of the truck, but I will check out the center drive shaft.