Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Cluster or not the cluster

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2017, 9:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cluster or not the cluster

hey guys I'm new here and really don't know if I'm posting in the right place..... with that said I have a 05 Silverado and most of the gauges like the engine and tranny temps have stopped working and also the oil pressure I want to order the stepper motors and attempt to replace them when somebody said it could be my temp sensor... how do I know??

also have a trailblazer and at idle the oil pressure drops down when you drive goes back up.. I've read these trail blazers are infamous for this issue should I just ignore it??
Old March 18th, 2017, 1:15 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LA Xhula Ramirez
hey guys I'm new here and really don't know if I'm posting in the right place..... with that said I have a 05 Silverado and most of the gauges like the engine and tranny temps have stopped working and also the oil pressure I want to order the stepper motors and attempt to replace them when somebody said it could be my temp sensor... how do I know??

also have a trailblazer and at idle the oil pressure drops down when you drive goes back up.. I've read these trail blazers are infamous for this issue should I just ignore it??
Try searching for more info about it...
maybe there's a simple solution...
(but maybe it's time to trade it...)
Old March 18th, 2017, 1:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

one indication the stepper motors are at fault, the gauge needles will sit out of the normal gauge range. Do the needles move at all on start up...the stepper motors should do a range sweep. a scan tool can do a gauge sweep test.

the low oil pressure
if the oil level is in the proper range and no engine knocking or lifter tap noise are occurring it may be a bad oil pressure sending unit. no idea which motor/model year you have so its hard to offer more than that.