Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 5:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2008 Silverado dash cracking

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2013, 4:23 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello everyone,

If you are having problems with a cracked dash, please PM us your VIN, full name, mileage, contact information, and dealership, and we will try to assist you with this concern.

Thanks

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:38 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing with my 09 z71 crew
Old July 28th, 2013, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello everyone,

If you are having problems with a cracked dash, please PM us your VIN, full name, mileage, contact information, and dealership, and we will try to assist you with this concern.

Thanks

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Sending my info. I have been getting the run around at Power Chevy Valencia and the Official GM website. Was told by the dealer of their displeasure of me calling GM. Said they wont do anything. I beg to differ PssT.
Old July 28th, 2013, 2:35 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello everyone,

Thanks

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
What if im the 2nd owner?
Old July 28th, 2013, 3:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Christopher Krumholt
What if im the 2nd owner?
I am the 2nd owner I don't care they are going to fix this. I just bought this POS in January. I had blown inter cooler lines, a cracked motor mount, Alignment issue, bad fuel injector, bad climate control, anti- traction system went out etc.

I have a file organizer in my truck of all the repairs that have been made and I cant list them all from the first 6 months of ownership.

Now I have noisy lifters, a Cracked Dash and an ENGINE pulley noise.

This truck looked brand spanking new when I bought it and it still does. The car Fax was spotless a long with the maintenance service records. The guy who traded this truck in must of had a crystal ball he is lucky.

I only had a few issues with my 2000 Chevy extended cab in 13 years until I got rid of it.

Good luck man.
Old July 28th, 2013, 3:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Christopher Krumholt,

Each case is handled on a case by case basis. If you send us your information will be able to look into your specific case.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 29th, 2013, 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I PM you? I've got all of the info that you need, but I've already done this dog and pony show before and was told since it was out of warranty, I was out of luck (105,826 miles on my 2008 Silverado Z71 LTZ). If something hasn't changed, I'll be buying an F150 next. This is a definite defect in the design - not something that anyone on here caused. GM should fix this no questions asked due to the amount of issues happening to everyone.
Old July 29th, 2013, 1:44 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Pipdog05 Click on Chevrolet Customer Services name in one of thier post and you will get a drop down menu of options, one of which is to send a private message...
Old July 29th, 2013, 9:05 PM
Official GM Rep

Hi Pipdog05,

in2pro is correct! We'll be waiting on your message.

Thanks

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 30th, 2013, 9:58 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up Cracked dash

Originally Posted by O-GO
I have a 08 Silverado with 38000 miles on it and the dash is cracking in a few places around the passenger side air bag. Anybody know the warranty on something like this or how much to fix it?
My 09 HD2500 LTZ with 23000 miles is currently at my local dealership, GM cowboyed up and is covering the replacement under warranty w/ $100 deductible! There is still hope people, dont give up too easy!!
And by the way, the guy thinking about the Sequoia, DONT DO IT MAN, been there, done that and I regret it to this day. Besides being a gas guzzler, you need a good banker or expensive extended warranty if some thing breaks!!!

Quick Reply: 2008 Silverado dash cracking