Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2009 Silverado 5.3 Service Stabilitrak indication and reduced engine power

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2016, 5:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2009 Silverado 5.3 Service Stabilitrak indication and reduced engine power

I have a 2009 Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 with a 5.3. I have been getting a Servive Stabilitrak indication repeatedly and I cannot figure out the cause. Whenever it happens I have to disconnect the battery and discharge all power to reset it so I can Drive it again. I usually only experience it whenever I try to accelerate quickly (barely). I have been getting it more frequently lately without much acceleration. I am able to duplicate the issue by simply revving the engine maybe half throttle. Also without the engine running if I press the throttle it will come on. I have changed the TPS but the problem continues. I have also checked to ensure ABS connections are good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old December 28th, 2016, 8:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the reduced engine power fault is throttle body or accelerator pedal position related; it will set a dtc so have it read and post it here.
the stabilitrac will be disabled due to the reduced engine power fault. fix the first problem and the stabilitrac will work normally.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Is your check engine light on?
Old January 7th, 2017, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

After having the issue continue without the ability to reset by disconnecting the battery like I had done previously, I disconnected and reconnected the accelerator. Since then I have not been able to duplicate the fault. I hope that it was indeed that easy, but I still drive it expecting at anytime it will pop back up. Either way, I will post again later about whatever happens. Thank you for the help!
Old January 8th, 2017, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by A Biel
After having the issue continue without the ability to reset by disconnecting the battery like I had done previously, I disconnected and reconnected the accelerator. Since then I have not been able to duplicate the fault. I hope that it was indeed that easy, but I still drive it expecting at anytime it will pop back up. Either way, I will post again later about whatever happens. Thank you for the help!
how and where did you disconnect and reconnected the accelerator. Where is the connector located? I'm having stability service issues as well. Only when I apply throttle. Thanks.
Old January 8th, 2017, 6:34 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SPDFRK1000
how and where did you disconnect and reconnected the accelerator. Where is the connector located? I'm having stability service issues as well. Only when I apply throttle. Thanks.
I disconnected wire harness from the pedal. Hopefully that is in fact all the problem. I have tried now for the past 6 days to duplicate the fault but it's still working normal.
Old January 9th, 2017, 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info and pic. Will try and hope it gets rid of that annoying stabilitrak.