Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2011 Chevy Silverado, fouled #1, new motor?

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2017, 11:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 Chevy Silverado, 5.3 litre - fouled #1, now I need a new motor?

Wish I knew then what I know now….
5 year Warranty expired in September of 2016, My truck has approximately 60K miles on it.
It all started with a check engine light, ( a week ago Monday), I was 300 miles from a regularly scheduled oil change so I had the wife take it to the dealership. When I purchased the truck I also purchased lifetime oil changes, they have did every oil change on schedule…
That afternoon my wife informed me it was going to cost $1800 to fix the truck? I called the service person assigned to my truck and she explained to me that the #1 cylinder had fouled the plug due to an oil consumption issue? (I have Never added oil to this truck since I have owned it). That threw me for a loop, she then went on to explain that the fix was to take the oil pan off and clean the carbon out of the cylinders, put back together with new plugs for $1800? The conversation ended very shortly after that because I asked questions that she could not answer…
I went down to the dealership a couple days ago to talk tobthem about the repairs to fully understand the repairs. So what I heard was they were going to remove the oil pan, fill the cylinder with Carburetor Cleaner to clean the carbon off the rings, drain it all out, (that ought to be good on the mains), put it all back together with new plugs….
I told her that was NOT a fix for the problem… end of conversation…
I have owned Chevy’s trucks my whole life, I can take a 70’s truck completely apart and put it back together! I still own a 1958 Apache 4x4 I built!
I am very disappointed to say the least… I find it hard to believe that Chey knows they have a problem and will not do anything about it?I have worked hard all my life for everything I have, and this was going to bethe last truck I owned?
The engine really has great power and runs great if they would get rid of the AFM.
No one from Chevy has spoke with me yet for any kind of fix for this engine, no help for the well documented problem they have...
The dealer is even worse, $40K for the truck and they could care less - they want more!

Last edited by disappointed1; February 25th, 2017 at 11:01 PM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
SmallBlock350Guy (February 4th, 2021)