Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

6l90e erratic shifts

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2016, 11:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6l90e erratic shifts

Hey I'm new here to the forum. I bought a 08 2500hd a few months ago and getting very frustrated with these erratic up and down shifts and that 2-3 shift flare. I've been looking online for fixes but everything is a few years old and nothing recent. Is there anything being done to fix these issues? 2-3 shift feels like it goes to neutral for a few seconds before shifting. If I'm under decent throttle it won't do it. Accelerating around a car is almost impossible. It'll downshift too much causing it to over rev, then up shift too much to accelerate. Tow/haul is almost pointless. I can be driving on level ground at 40 mph not towing a thing and it'll just start downshifting for no reason. Actually towing is difficult it wants to stay in a higher gear and will even up shift pulling up a hill, when you give it almost wot it'll downshift too much into that dreaded 2-3 zone and over rev and I'll need to let up on it which goes back to 4th and lugs up the hill. I'm over this thing and just want a fix for it. Replace the seals, reprogram the tcm. Whatever it takes I need to know. Thanks.
Old July 26th, 2016, 11:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To add to this, the trans did randomly go into limp mode when sitting at a stop sign. P2723 came up for pcs5 stuck off. Hasn't happened since then