Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Power locks not working on driver door

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2017, 11:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks not working on driver door

hi all. I have 2011 Silverado 1500 WT and the driver side power lock switch is not working. Both passenger and driver door locks will engage if I use the key fob or the power lock switch on passenger side. The windows switch works fine - as far as I can tell it is only the driver power lock. Any clue what might be wrong and how to fix it? I'm trying to learn to fix things myself but watching videos just confused me more - none that I've seen look like my truck. Thanks!
Old January 2nd, 2017, 9:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

remove the switch and check for green corrosion on the terminals. you could also ohm out the switch with a ohmmeter to confirm switch operation.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 9:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Idgie
hi all. I have 2011 Silverado 1500 WT and the driver side power lock switch is not working. Both passenger and driver door locks will engage if I use the key fob or the power lock switch on passenger side. The windows switch works fine - as far as I can tell it is only the driver power lock. Any clue what might be wrong and how to fix it? I'm trying to learn to fix things myself but watching videos just confused me more - none that I've seen look like my truck. Thanks!
I don't know if they are the same but I have a 2002 1500HD and know that my passenger front door and both rear doors run off the same fuse. The drivers door is a relay. Over the years I have had the front passenger door and both rear doors quite working at the same time I replaced the fuse and resolved the issue. I also had the drivers door lock quit working and replaced the relay and that resolved the issue.