Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 silverado a/c leaks!

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2017, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 silverado a/c leaks!

I have a 2014 Chevrolet silverado high country, and it continues to have a/c leaks. Fix one another one appears. The dealership has already put a new line on it, ive had a new condenser installed at my cost and it still has a leak! The dealership refuses to do anything about it, and i live in Texas and im a roofer so a/c in my vehicle is very important. The condenser i had replaced was a parts failure, it leaked out of one of the bottom corners where there is a plug. It hadn't been impacted by anything. I spend 50k on a truck and drench in sweat and from reading online this is a problem with several other vehicles. Why is this not recalled??
Old February 21st, 2017, 9:49 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

I guess you are out of warranty! I would try some freon with dye in it to find where it is leaking from and go from there.
Old March 1st, 2017, 3:15 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bakert283
I have a 2014 Chevrolet silverado high country, and it continues to have a/c leaks. Fix one another one appears. The dealership has already put a new line on it, ive had a new condenser installed at my cost and it still has a leak! The dealership refuses to do anything about it, and i live in Texas and im a roofer so a/c in my vehicle is very important. The condenser i had replaced was a parts failure, it leaked out of one of the bottom corners where there is a plug. It hadn't been impacted by anything. I spend 50k on a truck and drench in sweat and from reading online this is a problem with several other vehicles. Why is this not recalled??
Hello bakert283,

I regret to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your Silverado, and were working with your dealership to have this concern addressed.
I’d be glad to look into your situation further, and look into your available options of assistance. At your earliest convenience, please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the Chevrolet dealership you were working with.
To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | GM.com

Looking forward to working with you!

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 28th, 2017, 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bakert283
And to add to your pain, the customer service folks on here act like they care, but actually do nothing, just as your dealer has done, nothing. POS 2014 Chevrolet Silverado a BIG POS.