Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2015 Silverado 5.3 6 speed AT Surging

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2016, 10:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2015 Silverado 5.3 6 speed AT Surging

I just purchased a used 2015 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab with a 5.3 and 6 speed AT with 38k. During easy to moderate acceleration it wants to surge like it is unsure what gear to go into or how much fuel to distribute. Under heavy acceleration it is fine. It does not do this all of the time but maybe 25% of the time or less. I know a few people with these and they all say that the 6 speed AT takes some getting used to but IMO my truck is excessive. I am an above average car guy with 30+ years experience professionally and personally. Wanted to start here before going back to dealership. Anyone else had this issue or heard of any TSB's? Other than this the truck is awesome!

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Silverado 5.3 6 speed AT Surging-z71.jpg  
Old March 12th, 2017, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am experiencing similar issues with my 2016 Silverado LT and just started another thread yesterday to see if there were any answers. This is my third Silverado in a row and one of many Chevy trucks throughout the years.
The erratic and poorly timed shifts seem to happen under light load, around town city driving. The 2-3 shift seems to be excessively hard and downshifting around town is hard and poorly timed. I've had it to the dealer, they know of the problem as they've had other trucks with the same issue, but are being told by Chevrolet that it is normal therefore there is no fix for it. My service adviser told me his own brother has a 2015 Silverado with the exact same problem. He is aware of the issue but without Chevrolet owning up to the problem, they're told to tell the customer it is normal.
I feel my 30 year brand-loyalty coming to an end with this truck.
Old March 21st, 2017, 5:06 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello MikeSowers1,

We apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your Silverado. If you decide to bring your truck back into the dealership, we'd be more than happy to stay involved throughout that process. We're available via private message if this is of interest. Please keep updated on this concern and have a great day!

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care