Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Lift question

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2017, 10:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift question

Hey everyone, just bought my first truck, a 2014 silverado ltz z71. I've had it for a couple months and I love it. I was looking into lifting it, but not too much. I was told by a friend it was pointless to get the z71 if your going to lift it because you replace the suspension you paid extra for. Is this right? Should I not lift a z71 because of the current suspension. Any information would help, thanks!
Old January 6th, 2017, 9:57 PM
CF Beginner

yes, the z71 comes with an upgraded suspension but if you want to spend the money and lift it, then do it. since i bought my baby new, i wanted to lift her. when i finally pulled the trigger, i opted against a lift only because i didn't like all the added height. i'm a short guy. i ended up installing a leveling kit. ReadyLift, 2.25" and also replaced the rear block kit. total i got right at 2" in the front, and just about a full inch in the rear. truck looks great and i'm very happy with it. the total kit saved me tremendously compared to a lift and having installed the kit myself in about 2 hours. i don't have a picture of my baby leveled.

2014 LTZ Z71. Aug 2014
Old January 7th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

so your buddies point is that you spent money for a ride package that your going to change out.
if your only going to level it and add rear blocks with shock extenders...your not changing any of the z71 suspension package anyway. If you going higher than 2" the truck will not ride like factory so don't worry about it. put what you want in, sell off your removed parts.
Old January 21st, 2017, 3:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only thing you'd be changing is the shocks. It'll still have the aluminum control arms, stiffer springs, leaf springs I believe are even different than a normal 1500, and you'll keep the skid plates. Honestly, the shocks they put on there(rancho) aren't worth a crap anyways. There's much better options out there. I changed mine out on my 14 ltz z71 as soon as I got it. If you want to lift it, you want that look, then well you'll have to get over the "upgraded suspension" package and do it. There's way better aftermarket options than what the dealer can slap on it and call it a nice package.
Old February 5th, 2017, 7:03 PM
CF Beginner

Rough country makes a 2.25" upper strut mounted spacer and a 1.75" lower strut mount spacer which if you do ether one of these it only give you 2 inches. If you do both togather it gives a you a total of 3.5 inches. Which will now mean your *** end will be lower one inch now so they send you a rear block to compensate for that too. From what I seen with some "NORCAL" TRIMMING you can run a 33" tire or a 12 wide tire