Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Lookin to buy 2016 Silverado Spec Ops

Search this Thread

Old October 21st, 2016, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin to buy 2016 Silverado Spec Ops

So this is my first post here, last Chevy I owned was a 2001 ZR2 Blazer and finally trying to get my man card back. I live in Hawaii and I'm a Navy Veteran, started looking at getting a truck, and my eyes came across several mid size trucks. Then I saw at a local dealer, a 2016 Chevy Silverado Special Ops for $35,651. I'm no expert with trucks, but I know they can be pricy. To me, this looks like a fantastic deal and I want a 4x4 for my eventual move back to Texas. I'll rarely use the 4x4 here, but for this price, I think it's worth pulling the trigger. The original sticker price is $43k, however I'm kinda underwhelmed with the interior packages. The entertainment system is lackluster compared to what I've seen with other trucks (Tacoma and Canyon/Colorado). The other trucks I've seen have all the bells and whistles you could ask for and for around $40k.

So my question is, is it worth it? Should I pay $5k+ more for a mid-size with better options, or $8k+ for other Silverado 1500s? I absolutely love the exterior and the truck looks like it could take a beating if I wanted to go off roading. Sorry for the long post, thanks for any help/assistance in this.

Last edited by SailorMoon; October 21st, 2016 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Add picture
Old October 21st, 2016, 4:56 PM
CF Beginner

I'm confident the exterior is no more protected from off-road damage than my 2017 Silverado WT. I recommend you buy the vehicle with the features you are most interested in and not just shop price. I only considered ordering my new truck so I could spec it out like I wanted.
Old October 21st, 2016, 5:09 PM
CF Beginner

I hear ya, I'm not worried about the accessories, I'm just making sure I'm not overspending for a baseline truck that has exterior upgrades. 4x4 and more hauling capacity was the only I was wanting. I don't care about super fancy electronic packages, so I think it's worth the price, unless I hear otherwise.