Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Mylink Help/Questions

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2017, 8:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mylink Help/Questions

I just got a 2016 2500 Lt and have a few question about the Mylink.
1. How do I get the maps on there? Do I need an update on it? I have seen some where they scroll from side to side and also have weather and stuff.
2. How does the projection work. From what the dealer told me I just plug my phone in and it will recognize it and everything from my phone will come up on the screen. My phone is only 2 years old but maybe it does not support my phone?
3. The ones that did have the maps the estimated time was way off. Have this been fixed?

Hopefully I can get some answers here because I know some times the dealers are at a lost on what is going on.

Thanks
Old March 29th, 2017, 6:51 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by backinblack36
I just got a 2016 2500 Lt and have a few question about the Mylink.
1. How do I get the maps on there? Do I need an update on it? I have seen some where they scroll from side to side and also have weather and stuff.
2. How does the projection work. From what the dealer told me I just plug my phone in and it will recognize it and everything from my phone will come up on the screen. My phone is only 2 years old but maybe it does not support my phone?
3. The ones that did have the maps the estimated time was way off. Have this been fixed?

Hopefully I can get some answers here because I know some times the dealers are at a lost on what is going on.

Thanks
Your first mistake was purchasing a Chevrolet product. All things navigation are fed by Sirrus account. You have to call them and register your vehicle. Remember when your subscription runs out, everything returns to defaults without a notification. Map updates gone, traffic reports no longer guide you around traffic. It's costly, but when it worked it was amazing. My System locks up now, and does not work. So, get rid of it before the warranty is up.
Old April 2nd, 2017, 5:54 PM
CF Beginner

If you have an iPhone make sure you have the latest update installed. With the vehicle running, or power to your touch screen system, connect your phone to one of the USB outlets. It may require an apple cable to work. If you have an android phone you will need the android CarPlay app installed before you connect it by cable. You cannot use apple/android CarPlay via Bluetooth. Must use a cable. Hope this helps.