Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

New 2016 Silverado Crew-Cab LS 4x4

Search this Thread

Old February 26th, 2016, 6:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am working a motorbike enduro race this weekend. The race is based just outside of the town in which I live. I snapped some pictures of my patrol vehicle hooked up to my trailer w/my ATV ready for the weekend. enjoy the pics.

My truck is not complete at this point. I have a few more toys I am going to add (but this is not the entire to-do list)
things coming in the near future:
finish my CB install (wiring complete. waiting on ebay for my cb to arrive cobra 18wxstII)
2m/70cm dual band radio install
install my golight
install driving lights (looking at hella 4000s, or maybe off-brand ARB intensity lights combined with a light-bar... I am still doing research).
Driving at night out here is pretty dangerous. We have A LOT of furry creatures which enjoy darting across the highways (large hogs, larger deer, and cattle). Being able to see the bar-ditches as well as the roadways at night is a necessity.
Attached Thumbnails New 2016 Silverado Crew-Cab LS 4x4-img_4648.jpg   New 2016 Silverado Crew-Cab LS 4x4-img_4645.jpg   New 2016 Silverado Crew-Cab LS 4x4-img_4655.jpg  

Last edited by Maverick1701; February 26th, 2016 at 7:06 PM.
Old February 27th, 2016, 4:31 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick1701
I am working a motorbike enduro race this weekend. The race is based just outside of the town in which I live. I snapped some pictures of my patrol vehicle hooked up to my trailer w/my ATV ready for the weekend. enjoy the pics.

My truck is not complete at this point. I have a few more toys I am going to add (but this is not the entire to-do list)
things coming in the near future:
finish my CB install (wiring complete. waiting on ebay for my cb to arrive cobra 18wxstII)
2m/70cm dual band radio install
install my golight
install driving lights (looking at hella 4000s, or maybe off-brand ARB intensity lights combined with a light-bar... I am still doing research).
Driving at night out here is pretty dangerous. We have A LOT of furry creatures which enjoy darting across the highways (large hogs, larger deer, and cattle). Being able to see the bar-ditches as well as the roadways at night is a necessity.
The trucks looking good.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 11:07 AM
CF Junior Member

Well 10,000 miles on the odometer and my truck needs a new transmission (not the fault of chevrolet). My truck only had 1st gear and (sometimes) 2nd gear....which is obviously a problem for a patrol vehicle. We had it towed to the dealership last thursday.

It is no secret that TX has been dealing with some hellacious flooding over the past two weeks. When the dealership tore into my transmission they found nasty flood water, mud, nemo, etc. Apparently my transmission had sucked in some flood water during our flooding/high-water rescues/etc we had experienced during our bout with flooding.

Cost to repair: 4388.05
The new transmission should be at the dealership next week...then I can get my truck back (I miss it).
Old June 28th, 2016, 1:18 AM
CF Junior Member

I picked up my truck from the dealership about 2 weeks ago. The dealership was looking to repair vs install a new trans...that is until they opened up my transmission and found nemo.
Apparently when they popped the case they found nasty muddy swamp water & mud throughout the trans. The truck is running great w/the new transmission. I missed having more than one forward gear.
Old June 29th, 2016, 7:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your truck looks great!
Old October 23rd, 2016, 11:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by extremeadventurer
Your truck looks great!
Thanks! we are very proud of them.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 11:17 PM
CF Junior Member

I placed an order for some driving lights for my work truck. After doing about 2months worth of hunting around I decided on the 9in ARB intensity clones made by cree.
I purchased the 185watt model, NOT the 96w. They should be arriving weds. I will do a full writeup/thread about them once I get them installed.

These are what I bought: New Pair 185W 9 inch Cree LED Work Light Fog Lamp Headlight Jeep 4WD SUV Truck | eBay

I was on the fence about these lights until I saw this video:
Old October 24th, 2016, 7:47 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW!! Awesome to see a nice Chevy truck patrolling your county. No doubt you can go places that would be off limits to a Crown Vic, Impala or Charger. Thank you so much for sharing the photos. (I was a deputy sheriff almost fifteen years ago and all we had were Crown Vics.)

Keep up the good work and be safe!!
Old October 26th, 2016, 12:23 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by JK23112

WOW!! Awesome to see a nice Chevy truck patrolling your county. No doubt you can go places that would be off limits to a Crown Vic, Impala or Charger. Thank you so much for sharing the photos. (I was a deputy sheriff almost fifteen years ago and all we had were Crown Vics.)

Keep up the good work and be safe!!
Thank you sir! We could not operate with cars for patrol vehicles. My county is VERY rural/remote with only a few paved roads (The one US hwy, our 3 state hwys, and 5 FM roads are all the paved roads we have. All county roads are unpaved/sand/dirt/mud). Our vehicles HAVE to be equipped with 4x4 otherwise we would not be able to answer calls in the county...especially during the winter/rainy months.
It is always a pleasure to meet other law enforcement.

My driving lights should be here tomorrow. My plan is to install them Thursday when I get to work. I will do a write-up on the install/quality/etc.
Old October 26th, 2016, 12:26 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was a deputy sheriff for a rural (but rapidly becoming suburban) county here in VA. We could get most anywhere with a regular squad car - except when we got significant snow or just about any amount of ice. We had a Ford Expedition, a Ford Explorer, a Dodge Durango and a Dodge Ram pickup -- all of which were unmarked and were 4-wheel-drive. While they came in handy during inclement weather, they were not real police-package vehicles. NOTHING like the fine ride you have, though. :-)

That county has changed a lot since then, though, and their assortment of vehicles has expanded greatly. They have Chargers, Ram trucks, at least one Caprice (unmarked), several new Explorer SUVs and a plethora of Taurus sedans. They still have a few old Crown Vics in the fleet - but I think they are "spare" cars that deputies use when their normal car is in the shop. Every deputy is issued his/her own vehicle from the start; which helps a lot with longevity. It's not uncommon for one person to put on 30,000 to 40,000 miles a year.

P.S. Stay safe out there and keep the photos coming!