Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Radio sucks!

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2016, 4:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The radio from chevrolet is not powerful enough, another better is to replace the entire player with a powerful stereo radio with other features like GPS Navigation, Bluetooth etc.
Old November 15th, 2016, 2:59 PM
CF Beginner

Same here. I even removed the antenna on my 2017 Silverado WT, as I never turn the unit on and the antenna is in the way for cleaning and scrapping the windshield.
Old November 15th, 2016, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Christian_love
The radio from chevrolet is not powerful enough, another better is to replace the entire player with a powerful stereo radio with other features like GPS Navigation, Bluetooth etc.
How does the amp power effect the reception?
Old November 23rd, 2016, 10:29 PM
CF Active Member

Default It looks like Chevrolet has given up sending it's customer support people to me..

I've hated my radio from the get go, at least the navigation side of it. So sick of the horrible communication between my phone and the radio as well as being 14 miles away on a straight highway that has a 60 MPH speed limit and being told I'm 45 minutes away. At least my dealer told me that my 2015 radio wasn't going to be able to be updated to any new apps and isn't quite the open source device I was told it was on the parking lot.

G..
Old March 25th, 2017, 8:27 AM
CF Beginner

YES, The radio does suck. Not only the reception but also the quality of sound when not in HD mode!
Does anyone know where to find the specs on these radios?
Is there a a Customer Service Rep that could tell us the specs such as FM sensitivity and FM selectivity?
I know GM isn't going to recall a radio for poor reception, but if we could get some specs, at least we'd know if its a radio problem or something else related to the input lead or antenna.

Thanks