Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2015, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Covers

Hey, I'm totally new here but I got a 2015 Chevy Suburban (wrong thread I know but I really want some good advice) and I'm in dire need of seat covers. I have 6 grandchildren and 3 rescue dogs. 2 Pitbulls and 1 Great Dane.

Before I bring my dogs into my SUV, I really REALLY need to protect them. You should see what happened to my old Caravan from the kids and only 2 dogs alone.

I've personally seen the horrible craftsmanship and listened in to the bad customer service from caltrend and coverking, so please no referrals to those companies. Nor do I want leather.

I read somewhere about www.decorauto.com, but before I pick a company I'd like to see if there's any other companies I can go to? Anyone have good suggestions? Pictures would be great too. Carhartt seat covers seem extremely crappy, I'm not a fan of the covers they make either.
Old December 9th, 2015, 2:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Katzkin and Wet Okole are another popular seat covers. For the material, neoprene is a good choice since you have dogs. It makes easy to remove the fur.
Old February 25th, 2016, 11:11 PM
CF Junior Member

marathon seat covers are SUPERB (but a little costly). They will add pockets in places you request (if needed) and their stuff is waterproof. I had a set in my old F150 and a set in my YJ Wrangler. After 4x4ing, dogs, people, etc they had almost no wear/tear. I was impressed.

Also marathon uses waterproof cordura nylon as opposed to neoprene (which is another reason I picked them). I HATE the smell of neoprene with the burning passion of 1000 suns. I was excited when I found a company who could produce waterproof seat covers w/out using stinky neoprene.
Old October 11th, 2016, 11:04 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by BrazilianPride
Hey, I'm totally new here but I got a 2015 Chevy Suburban (wrong thread I know but I really want some good advice) and I'm in dire need of seat covers. I have 6 grandchildren and 3 rescue dogs. 2 Pitbulls and 1 Great Dane.

Before I bring my dogs into my SUV, I really REALLY need to protect them. You should see what happened to my old Caravan from the kids and only 2 dogs alone.

I've personally seen the horrible craftsmanship and listened in to the bad customer service from caltrend and coverking, so please no referrals to those companies. Nor do I want leather.

I read somewhere about www.decorauto.com, but before I pick a company I'd like to see if there's any other companies I can go to? Anyone have good suggestions? Pictures would be great too. Carhartt seat covers seem extremely crappy, I'm not a fan of the covers they make either.
hey hey! i just got a new 'burban and was looking at decor auto too! i'm local so i set up an appointment to stop by. did you ever get your covers? how do you like them? i'm leaning more towards them because their website says they're family owned and opperated......
Old October 11th, 2016, 11:04 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Maverick1701
marathon seat covers are SUPERB (but a little costly). They will add pockets in places you request (if needed) and their stuff is waterproof. I had a set in my old F150 and a set in my YJ Wrangler. After 4x4ing, dogs, people, etc they had almost no wear/tear. I was impressed.

Also marathon uses waterproof cordura nylon as opposed to neoprene (which is another reason I picked them). I HATE the smell of neoprene with the burning passion of 1000 suns. I was excited when I found a company who could produce waterproof seat covers w/out using stinky neoprene.
i agree with you about the neoprene smell.
Old October 20th, 2016, 10:52 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by BigGirlShoes
hey hey! i just got a new 'burban and was looking at decor auto too! i'm local so i set up an appointment to stop by. did you ever get your covers? how do you like them? i'm leaning more towards them because their website says they're family owned and opperated......
I did my research on where to buy covers on here. No wonder you are bashing everyone elses products you work for someone. Stop trolling Decor Auto.
Old October 20th, 2016, 10:58 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by tatiana12
I did my research on where to buy covers on here. No wonder you are bashing everyone elses products you work for someone. Stop trolling Decor Auto.
whoa, because i've been looking at other places and don't agree with your choice? OK. well if you must know, i've been trying to find places since i got my new car. the only 2 places that were helpful was sophia's seat design and decor auto, however, there's a language barrier with sophia. so please, stop trying to point fingers. it's the internet and i'm free to do as i please. back off