Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Program Remote Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2007, 12:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Program Remote Keyless Entry

I have an 05' Aveo and I recentlypurchaseda newkey from a dealer but didn't want to pay the 60$ programming fee. The dealer told me it was possible to programthe key at home and that I could find the instructions in the owners manual. The manual says to take it to the dealership... So I called a different dealership and they say it's not possible. If anyone knows how to do this I'd really appreciate it. I am clinging to the hope that my dealership did not purposely lie...
Old January 18th, 2007, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Program Remote Keyless Entry

I doubt they purposely lied. However, I have found that even Chevy employees know very little about our cars. I had to unlock my stereo after unplugging it and plugging it back in. I went around in circles with 3 different dealerships for almost 3 weeks before the figured out how to get the unlocking code out of it. This code is supposed to be given to the buyer upon delivery, but I bought the car used and apparently the dealership didn't feel it was important to get the code from the original buyer. But anyway, I'd say keep bugging them. They'll probably come up with something eventuall, it just might take a while.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 3:16 AM
CF Beginner

THIS WILL WORK FOR MOST ALL GM CARS & VANS

Chevy Venture & VANS ONLY SOME SUV'S
[ol][*]Gather ALL your keyless FOBS for this vehicle.[*]Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.[*]Remove the "BCM PRGRM" fuse from the fuse panel, accessed by opening the front passenger door. Use the legend on the fuse panel to properly locate the "BCMPRGRM" fuse.[*]Close the liftgate.[*]Get in and close all the doors.[*]Insert key into the ignition, and turn the ignition lock cylinder to ACC (one click towards you - the opposite direction from starting the engine).[*]Turn the ignition lock cylinder to OFF, and then back to ACC within 1 second.[*]Open and close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system enters programming mode.[*]Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for about 14 seconds. IMPORTANT: After 7 seconds a chime may be heard confirming successful synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirm successful programming. Your new remote has been accepted and all existing remote codes have been erased.[*]Repeat the previous step on each additional transmitter to be programmed (incuding any existing transmitters)[*]Re-Install the "BCMPRGRM" fuse into the fuse panel. [/ol]
-----------------------------------------------------------------
GM TRUCKS AND MOST CARS

IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold down until instructed to release.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat the previous step for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters).

Old November 29th, 2007, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

I tried this on my parents 2000 chevy venture and can't even seem to get into programing mode. I tried having all the doors open (incl liftgate) before taking out of bcmpgrm fuse (4th from the bottom according to the manual) and closing them before inserting the key into the ignition.

Turn the key back (once) to get into acc, then turn forward two turns (first is lock and second is off according to the manual) and quickly turn key back towards me twice to get into acc.

Open then close the driver side door and no chime. Waited about 30 seconds each time.

Do I need to have someone else with me to close the liftgate last (as the last door). Then at the appropriate time have them open the passenger or some other door?

Or does this mean that something inside the van is completely screwed and remote keyless entry will never work without costly repairs?
Old November 29th, 2007, 4:58 PM
CF Beginner

make sure you remote's match

1. bottons 2,3,4 botton style with red horn or w/o red

2. most important
that the numbers match other remote if you dont have one and trying a new one goto dealer with your vin number so they can cross refence you vin to remote GM code transmitter

these numbers are a refance to show what it would look like these numbers have to be the same as what came factory in your vehicle

check compatibility with your GM dealer first, and refer to PART NUMBER Numbers on the back of the remote read: make sure they are the same

-1997 1998 1999 2000CHEVY VENTURE
-1997 1998 1999 2000 PONTIAC MONTANA

-1997 1998 1999 2000 OLDSMOBILE SILHOUETTE

Remote has four buttons, Lock, Unlock, Power Side Door and (red) Panic
Part: 10245953
FCC ID: ABO0204T
CANADA: 218 101 487

10335582-88 CANADA 34321021779 FCC ID L2C0007T
these cose happen to be for a but only with the GM code 10335582-88 that is what this code will fit below
[font="]2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 Chevrolet Venture [/font][align=left] [/align][font="][/font][align=left] [/align][font="]2001 2002 2003 2004 Oldmobile Silhouette[/font][align=left] [/align][font="][/font][align=left] [/align][font="]2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 Pontiac Montana[/font][font="] [/font][align=left] [/align][align=left] [/align][align=left]keyless entry remote

hope this helps
[/align]
Old November 29th, 2007, 5:11 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the tip. But before I bid on that ebay auction, I made sure that the numbers had matched up. Didn't think to check them when the remotes arrived the other day. Will put it on my to do list. But what had really concerned me is that I can't even get into the programming mode. I ended up phoning around to the dealerships (wasn't sure if any garage could do it), and they said they would charge to program the remotes. No surprise there, but what I did find out was that the transmitter inside the van may be screwed (nice big bill to fix and/or replace that I'm sure).
Old November 29th, 2007, 5:22 PM
CF Beginner

dealerships with help you make sure of the right remote code transmitter is the same by looking up the vin and cross refenceing the id code

they will program the correct remote most charge 30 to 40 dollors

you can buy remote's cheap on ebay most all will pre-program them
you venture use's on 3 kind of remotes

950 952 953 last i looked means ether a 3 or 4 botton remote if i look corrently
Old November 30th, 2007, 10:25 AM
CF Beginner

Nope, the numbers on all the sets of keyless remotes are identical (not to mention they all have the 4 physical buttons). The dude on ebay I bought them from said in the auction that he tests them with the kent matthews keytester or something like that, so I know the remotes work. Just having a hell of a time just trying to get into the programming mode (aka, can't get through the second half of step 8).

I can think of a few more variations now, is too have second person with me. That way I can have them close all the doors, then lastly the tailgate while I'm waiting in the drivers seat (after fuse is taken out). That and combine steps 6 & 7 (do both of them in 1 second). Or with the step 8, I hear a chime, but that always happens when you leave the key in the ignition and open the drivers door?
Or I could try opening and closing the passenger door instead maybe? Hopefuly will get a chance to try them out today (too bad it has to be -20C outside though).

The manual is correct with acc being one click towards me and off being (then) two clicks away from me right? Farthest back is acc, then lock, then off, then on in that order of turning the key away from me, correct? It's not like 'lock' is what the steps are talking about instead of 'off' ?

Thanks for the help so far! Hopefully I can get it right and not have to pay the dealership to program the keys or have to get the internal transmitter fixed.
Old December 18th, 2007, 11:04 PM
CF Beginner

Procedure on here works great. All I did was on step seven I went back again to ACC with in a Sec and then open drivers door close the door and press the two buttons in Transmitter one confirm 1 and 2 chime in 14 sec lapse. Then instead on starting over, i just press the 2 buttons on transmitter 2 and reacive confirmation of 2 chime in 14 seconds. Transmitter 1 new from ebay (usautolock.com)and transmitter 2 original from when van was purchase. They work great.
Old December 19th, 2007, 5:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try this site for good data on MOST vehicles.

http://www.programyourremote.com/

Quick Reply: Program Remote Keyless Entry