Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

99 Astro - Drove to the store, now won't start.

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2012, 11:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the Astro has maxi fuses for high current junctions and mini fuses for the rest. They all should have holes on top on either side of the stamped amperage number for inserting a sharp probe or a paper clips held by alligator clip attachment. In a pinch, the voltage can be measured by inserting the probe into the socket with the fuse removed (be careful not to spread the blade socket). At least one side should show a voltage in that case.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 1:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem, i changed the ignition coil and sprayed my intake with starting fluid, after it did not start with the new coil and it turned on right away. I have an astro 2000 and when it would rain it would usually not turn on till two days later.
Old April 9th, 2012, 8:26 AM
CF Beginner

Hey guys - took it to the shop this past Friday, and it ended up being the starter. Just for anyone who was curious. Thanks for the help!
Old April 9th, 2012, 5:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, okay, thanks for the update.
Old February 10th, 2016, 10:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default 04 Astro won't start

I just moved for a warm climate where the van has been its whole life to scold climate. As soon as the temp dropped below freezing it won't start but if kept in a warm parking garage it starts and runs fine. I have had the fuel pump, plugs, plug wires, rotor, battery, and distributor cap replaced. Still same issue. When it lived in wet climate I never had theses issues only in the cold. I've tried the oil pressure test but I haven't tried the spark test but the mechanic assured me that it's spark is good. I'm at my wits end and at the point of getting rid of it but it's a good vehicle and don't want to. Please any tips. The other day I parked it at work and it did the the no start thing. We pushed it into the sun and popped the hood for about 30 mins, it struggled for a sec but then started. Thought I should add that. Please help thx!

Last edited by Josh Middleton; February 10th, 2016 at 10:34 AM.