Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

hesitation between 40-50 mph

Old July 7th, 2009, 9:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile hesitation between 40-50 mph

my van just started to do this after I had put in a gas that I never used b4. It feels like its jerking between 40-50 then is fine it also started to idle rough when I would stop Thanks 4 any help
Old July 8th, 2009, 7:14 AM
CF Beginner

Smile my van ...

1994 astro awd custom van
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

Could be a number of things. first I would check the mas sensor, if it is dirty for covered, clean it. dont mess up the sensors on the back of the honey comb though. you can spay caborator cleaner on it to get rid of some of the junk. just be careful of the sensors on the back! after that I would replace the filter. after that I would get the fuel pressure checked to see if it holds. I think it should be 60 psi. after that I would think its a sensor. even if the check engine light is not on, go to the parts store and ask to use there siagnostic tool, its free. if nothing check you plugs, wires, cap and rotor. It may also be you camshaft position sensor, but this would not creat a ruff idle. Ryan
Old August 19th, 2009, 1:12 PM
CF Beginner

Smile got rid of hesitation ...

found out we got some bad gas had to let the old gas go thru and fill it with gas from a station we knew well. Has been running great ever since sorry didn't let ya know sooner I am a truck driver and don't always get to get here thanks for ur help Huggles
Old July 25th, 2011, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default Suburban jerks at 20 mph

I have a similar problem My wifes chevy suburban 4wd jumps around 21 mph it revs alittle then jumps into gear and only does it when hot. recently had transmission serviced hoping this would fix problem but has not. Any help in this matter I would greatly apreciate.
Old July 27th, 2011, 3:49 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

tommymeter,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Did you have the transmission serviced at your local Chevrolet dealership?

Thank you,
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 29th, 2011, 9:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
tommymeter,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Did you have the transmission serviced at your local Chevrolet dealership?

Thank you,
Elizabeth-let's try this:

Tom:
What yr is the truck??.Does it have a TV cable or VSS??.

What service work was done on the truck??.

Have you taken it back to them yet and what did they say??.

How does the tranny fluid smell and look??.

Have you seen any leaks??.

Please update us and the above questions

Eliz-thing is I never see you advise O/P's.My two cents worth.
Old August 1st, 2011, 12:04 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

T.Neff,

Tommymeter stated that they recently had their transmission serviced. I was curious if they had it done at their local dealership or an independently. I was simply just wondering who they are having look at their vehicle. I have said numerous times that I am not a technician. Thank you for your comment, it will be documented.

Thank you,

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Service; August 1st, 2011 at 2:32 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
T.Neff,

Tommymeter stated that they recently had their transmission serviced. I was curious if they had it done at their local dealership or an independently. I was simply just wondering who they are having look at their vehicle. I have said numerous times that I am not a technician. Thank you for your comment, it will be documented.

Thank you,

Elizabeth-my point is not to make a issue here.Documented??. I is certainly to teach you as well with the advise I provided.You might want to have more of a open attitude if you want to learn this stuff.I know of many.many women that are tech's that would blow most of these guys away,so it is certainly not that.

I suggest you go to the new posts tab on the main page and read threw the answers.It rub's off on you the info in time.I it is a good ref to use.

Then as the saying goes...........you want to hang with the big dogs you can answer the O/P's questions.

And I add I don't know it all.No one does.We are all just trying to help and leave behind a record for others to find and use.OK????.

Last edited by T.Neff; August 2nd, 2011 at 10:45 PM.