Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

rear dutch door wont lock

Old June 11th, 2015, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLVE rear dutch door wont lock

Hi everyone, glad to join to the forum,

I searching in internet for days to understand why the rear dutch door (the right one or passanger side) wont lock, but nothing, everyone with the opposite problem "door stuck lock".
In my case if I pull the handle, the dutch door always open, no matter if the hatch is shut or not.
I disassmble the inside panel and the entire rear lock, aparently the the mecanism and the rod work well, and if I push the rod to latch and turn the key in the door the rod move to unlatch but not the reverse.

It's just a couple of month I buy my astro and I have a doubt, the key in the rear dutch door only turn to right for lock and unlock or have to turn in both side? My turn only to right side.

The other doors and hatch lock and unlock perfectly, with key, remote or inside button.

I really apreciated if someone can help me to solve the problem.
Regards

astronav

Last edited by astronav; June 15th, 2015 at 9:36 PM. Reason: problem solve
Old June 15th, 2015, 9:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default solve the problem

Update
After many research and disassemble almost the entire rear van, one friend and I found the problem. We found a module (see photo n.1 and 4) behind the right side rear panel, that module receive an impulse to the switch located in the rear hatch shocks (only if you have the original one). One impulse when you open the hatch and another when you close, (the switch open and close the electrical circuit ) and when you close the hatch the Dutch door lock. When I buy the van the right shock left an the other was useless so I buy two new shocks but they come without the switch. So I take of the old one switch and place the new shocks. (lucky me I keep the old one).
Today after many intent, we found that only the right switch it's necessary to give the impulse, I disconnect the wire of the left one.
Now when the I close the hatch the right Dutch door lock and if I pull the handle nothing append, the door stay close, only open if I push the button, use the key or key less.
Hope this help for those who have the same problem.
Bye
Attached Thumbnails rear dutch door wont lock-1.jpg   rear dutch door wont lock-4.jpg