Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

02 Silverado Amp install, Stock head unit

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2010, 9:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 02 Silverado Amp install, Stock head unit

Hey, I did a search and didn't find what I needed. And didn't want to hijack someones thread so I started this one.

I have an 02 silverado 2500hd. I am installing a 300w amp with a sub. I connected the Rem wire to one of the wires on the back of the head unit that is hot with the key on. I connected the main power to the positive lug on the battery and connected the ground the stud for the seat mount.

Now I had this unit installed in a different pickup that had RCA jacks on the head unit. Worked slick on that one.

Well with this I had to connect the speaker wires using the high level input plug. I cut the wires to the Left and Right rear speakers and spliced in the High level input for the amp.

Now the problem.

When I turn on the head unit the amp is powered up. but no sound from any of the four speakers or the sub.

If I unplug the high level input plug on the back of the amp the four stock speakers will come on. Then when I plug the high level input plug back into the amp the sub will fire along with the stock four speakers.

If I power down the head unit I have to go through the same steps again to get the sub and speakers to work

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

I hate asking questions as my first post on your site. But you have to start somewhere.

Thunder