Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

2001 tahoe radio install problems

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, I have been looking online and found a couple cheaper versions but am still not sure which one to get..

I saw one on Amazon for $579
Amazon.com: Chevrolet Tahoe OEM Replacement OEM Fitment In Dash Double Din Touch Screen iPod DVD GPS Navigation Radio S60 Model 2007-2011: Car Electronics

its by a company called OttoNavi and I did a bit of research, they have quite the selection but its just not a brand name like kenwood or pioneer

I went to their site and actually saw a head unit with Android,
Chevrolet Tahoe Hits 07-12 Android Multimedia Navigation System | OttoNavi

now I have never seen Android in the car, what do you think? should I give it a try? The Android head unit is only 750, that is half of the kenwood....

please give me some suggestions, I don't want to spend couple hundred for junk
Old April 3rd, 2013, 6:27 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by LSTahoe
thanks, I have been looking online and found a couple cheaper versions but am still not sure which one to get..

I saw one on Amazon for $579
Amazon.com: Chevrolet Tahoe OEM Replacement OEM Fitment In Dash Double Din Touch Screen iPod DVD GPS Navigation Radio S60 Model 2007-2011: Car Electronics

its by a company called OttoNavi and I did a bit of research, they have quite the selection but its just not a brand name like kenwood or pioneer

I went to their site and actually saw a head unit with Android,

now I have never seen Android in the car, what do you think? should I give it a try? The Android head unit is only 750, that is half of the kenwood....

please give me some suggestions, I don't want to spend couple hundred for junk

The only brand I have personel experience with is Milion brand .

Here is the one I bought

D2229 Milion 7" Motorized Slide Down Touch Screen DVD MP3 Avi CD FM Car Player | eBay

It is pretty much the same company as Eonon . Which is another no name brand Red Chinese company .

I think like this .

6 2" Car GPS Nav DVD Player Radio Double 2 DIN Stereo Bluetooth Touch SD USB HD | eBay

This is the install kit I got from Walley World . For a 2008 Silverado WT . May or may not work on your truck ? It does not maintain Onstar or XM radio . Neither of which I superscribe to .

Scosche GM Interface, GM2500I - Walmart.com

Also , do not have Boise stereo system .

The more whistles and bells and the newer , the more involved and expensive the install kit .

God bless
Wyr
Old April 4th, 2013, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
The only brand I have personel experience with is Milion brand .

Here is the one I bought

D2229 Milion 7" Motorized Slide Down Touch Screen DVD MP3 Avi CD FM Car Player | eBay

It is pretty much the same company as Eonon . Which is another no name brand Red Chinese company .

I think like this .

6 2" Car GPS Nav DVD Player Radio Double 2 DIN Stereo Bluetooth Touch SD USB HD | eBay

This is the install kit I got from Walley World . For a 2008 Silverado WT . May or may not work on your truck ? It does not maintain Onstar or XM radio . Neither of which I superscribe to .

Scosche GM Interface, GM2500I - Walmart.com

Also , do not have Boise stereo system .

The more whistles and bells and the newer , the more involved and expensive the install kit .

God bless
Wyr
The thing is the navigation unit I saw retains the original factory looks, so all the buttons and ***** and even color is the same as my car.

so it is not hot wiring needed, I called and ask, basically they said its direct plug and play, which is very good news for me

all the other units you showed me are just basic universal units while this one from OttoNavi is made specifically for the Tahoe, so I think I might try this, they said they are located in California, which is good news because I don't want to buy from China, and its half the price also..

I just want to try out the Android function to see if it will be the same as my phone
Old April 5th, 2013, 5:22 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by LSTahoe
The thing is the navigation unit I saw retains the original factory looks, so all the buttons and ***** and even color is the same as my car.

so it is not hot wiring needed, I called and ask, basically they said its direct plug and play, which is very good news for me

all the other units you showed me are just basic universal units while this one from OttoNavi is made specifically for the Tahoe, so I think I might try this, they said they are located in California, which is good news because I don't want to buy from China, and its half the price also..

I just want to try out the Android function to see if it will be the same as my phone

Do not know anything about that unit , but if it has the features you want ad the right price , I would say , take a chance ?

Best of luck . :-) Let us know how it goes .

God bless
Wyr
Old February 26th, 2021, 9:48 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by boomhower
According to my sheet from Crutchfield:

Yellow- 12V constant power
Red- 12V switched power
Blue- amp turn on
Orange/White- Dimmer

If you have onstar and no Bose you have another connection to make. There is an unused wiring harness in there. You need to clip the solid pink wire and connect it with your amp turn on wires.
So I connected the pink wire like you said and I went from no audio to a very slight audio in my driver side speakers. What am I doing wrong how do I get all my speakers to play