Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Aftermarket Audio: Watcha got?

Old May 8th, 2009, 6:50 AM
Impala Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kenwood x679 HU
Kenwood Sirius connect
Infinity 6x9 and 6.5
Eminence speaker Lab12's
Cadence A7HC 1400rms x 1 ohm
Rockford Fosgate 1 farad cap
Fosgate wiring and 80 amp anl fuses
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Audio: Watcha got?-4163_85183193981_546648981_2421519_7980498_n.jpg   Aftermarket Audio: Watcha got?-untitled.jpg  
Old May 9th, 2009, 12:48 AM
CF Beginner

My '04 Silverado is better than my home entertainment. The cab is fully Dyno Matted(a must), head unit-Pioneer Avic N1(slide away 7inch screen with navi and DVD), front speakers-MB Quatz Premium components, rear speakers-Infinity Kappa 2-ways, sub-Kicker titanium 10 inch x2(up fire, under the rear seat box), amps-Alpine V12 4 channel(front), V12 2 channel(rear), V12 D class mono(subs), Direct electronic digital batt. caps X2, and Monster cables...I think that's it. The system is about over four years old and it still is clean and clear. I usually turn it up to 60 on the head unit, you can't hear your own voice at 28. It is loud!

Last edited by Mother Trucker; May 9th, 2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old June 9th, 2009, 4:24 AM
CF Junior Member

i'm a little late on this thread but in my blazer i'm running JL audio for the amps, sub, speakers. Its pricey, but when it comes to car audio, JL is the way to go, unless you want crazy loud like Steve Meade.
I'm running a JL 500/1 amp to power my 12w6 in the trunk for the lows with a 300/4 running the c2 650x in the doors and c2 400x in the dash. i unplugged the 6x9s in the panels because when the sub is on all you hear is bass from the rear and the c2s give nice clear sound up front.

i'm going off the stock alternator and haven't had a problem yet, if it goes i'll upgrade it to something more powerful
Old June 10th, 2009, 7:28 AM
CF Junior Member

I agree...I do love JL Audio. I have a 250/1 in my Jeep Wrangler pushing a 10" JL sub...it sounds fantastic.
Old July 18th, 2009, 8:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, I finally took the plunge.

For a Head Unit I went with a Clarion DUZ385SAT double din unit. The O4 Silverado(and many around that year) doesn't have an "accessory station" on it's ignition switch. This means you have to procure a "data port adapter" plug as well as antenna adapter and an install kit.
The Data adapter is about 100$, so overall cost of my head unit install hardware was more than the cost of the head unit itself.

For power I went with a Rockford-Fosgate P400 Punch amp for 75watts RMS per channel.

For speakers I was lucky to be able to get the MB Quart PVI-216 component speakers to fit in the original door speaker enclosures, because they're just a scoche heftier than the OEM...
1 woofer and tweeter per door in my crew-cab.

For additional juice to run the amp I went with a simple Pep Boys 145AMP rebuilt alternator, (If you change out the smaller alternator, you'll also need the slightly larger serpentine belt) and a happy side effect is the air conditioning runs @100% cooler now.

Oh yeah, it sounds good.

Last edited by therewolf; October 25th, 2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 3:53 PM
CF Junior Member

thats avery clean setup. i wish i could hide my sub and amps like that. i have a silverado crew cab and my amps are under the seats and my sub takes up the whole back seat. wish i had a place to hide it.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 4:06 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by aukai22
thats avery clean setup. i wish i could hide my sub and amps like that. i have a silverado crew cab and my amps are under the seats and my sub takes up the whole back seat. wish i had a place to hide it.
You can gave a place to hide it. Get some MDF board and cover it with felt. Remove your rear seat. Screw the MDF board underneath the back window behind the seat. Screw your amp onto the MDF board, I have a 5 ch V12, a 2 ch V12, and a D class Mono V12 behind my rear seat and Kickers under the seat. Buy an up or down fire box that goes under the rear seat, they're about $100.00 and they are made for under the rear seat.
Old September 5th, 2009, 12:14 PM
CF Junior Member

well the amps on the back wall sounds good but my sub can't fit anywhere besides on top the seat. its a 15 spl pioneer sub and its almost a hundred lbs. how big are your amps because i have four amps, 2 batteries and a spectrum analyzer (DSP). just wanted to know if you had alot of room to work with?
Old September 6th, 2009, 3:43 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by aukai22
how big are your amps because i have four amps, 2 batteries and a spectrum analyzer (DSP). just wanted to know if you had alot of room to work with?
The 3 amps cover the whole back of the seats. The custom box is fitted to fit under the seat. The small deck, where the jack is located is where I mounted the 2 battery caps. The wires are run through the body and plenty of room.
Old September 7th, 2009, 11:56 PM
CF Junior Member

oh i see but my sub is still gonna be on my seat because its just too big to fit under the seat. the sub i have is about a 100 lbs. and the box needs to be at least 5.0 cubic ft. and the batteries probably can go under one side of the seat and the other side is gonna be for my caps. thanks for the advice about the amps probably gonna try and fit it back there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket Audio: Watcha got?