Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

AUDIO OPTIONS FOR 98 CHEVY TRACKER

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2005, 12:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUDIO OPTIONS FOR 98 CHEVY TRACKER

Hello I am in the market for a cd player for my older model tracker.</P>

It has the original Delco stereo in it right now. Considering the Tracker has a bouncy type ride I was concerned if the Cd player might have a problem with skipping. I was wondering if any could suggest a player that would be suitable for this type vehicle.</P>

Thanks in advance, fran</P>
Old March 27th, 2005, 8:24 PM
Administrator

my roommate in college had a tracker and he had a sony HU, but im afraid that i dont recall what brand. the only time that we had issues with skipping was offroad...and we lived on a cobblestone street, and it didnt have issues unless he was Flying down our street.
Old June 15th, 2005, 2:22 AM
CF Beginner

well in some of the trackers i have worked on, we have put in pioneer, sony, and JVC. those three are very good with skipping. but i think in those trackers there is a mounting bracket holding the stereo in make sure that you use that bracket (if there is one) to mount the cd player, it will prevent almost all skipping,eccept when offroad
Old August 20th, 2005, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

What is about MP3 ?</P>

Something like ipod (the HD is not soooo sensitive like an CD player). Or you take a smaller one whitoutHD, but you got a smaller Memory . </P>

You can it connect with "line in".</P>

But if you insist on CD , i don´t know . </P>
Old July 8th, 2006, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: AUDIO OPTIONS FOR 98 CHEVY TRACKER

i have a Alpine 6disc cd changer in my '89 dodge 4x4, i have had serious air time in it, also i have taken it down the mountian a few times and it has only skipped on me twice since i have owned it, and i bought back in '97. the only reason it skipped was i went over alot of really bad wash boards on a logging road doing about 40-50 m/hr, even at that it didn't skip much.
Old July 8th, 2006, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: AUDIO OPTIONS FOR 98 CHEVY TRACKER

i have a Alpine 6disc cd changer in my '89 dodge 4x4, i have had serious air time in it, also i have taken it down the mountian a few times and it has only skipped on me twice since i have owned it, and i bought back in '97. the only reason it skipped was i went over alot of really bad wash boards on a logging road doing about 40-50 m/hr, even at that it didn't skip much.