Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

How do I replace the speakers in my 02 Trailblazer?

Old November 21st, 2006, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I replace the speakers in my 02 Trailblazer?

Hello all!

I hope this is the right place to be for help. I need to replace the rear speakers in my 4¬¬-door 2002 Trailblazer but haven’t a clue how to get into the doors. If anyone could help advise me of that I'd really appreciate it. Also, if you have anymore suggestions of possible complications I might run into it would be great to hear of them before hand.

Thanks SO much!

Also just a word of warning, it seems as though I've had the luck of being the first Trailblazer owner ever to have the exhaust manifold crack and the catalytic converter blow up on the inside puking it's guts into my muffler.

They had to get the replacement parts right from he factory.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 12:42 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: How do I replace the speakers in my 02 Trailblazer?

Hello! First, you need to remove the screws behind the door handle, then remove the ones that are holding the arm rest to the door. Using a flat head screw driver, gently pry in between the door and panel at the bottom. There are small plastic ****** fastners that pop out. Once the bottom and sides are free, swing the panel up slightly and pull up to free it from the top by the window opening. If you have power windows/locks, unhook the connectors by depressing the tabs and pulling out. Don't worry about remembering where they go; they are specially shaped to prevent mix ups. Unscrew the speaker and pull it out. Take the connectors off the stock speaker and replace. If you are installing aftermarket speakers, you may need to cut the stock connectors off the speaker wire and use crimp connectors. Good luck, hope this helps...
Old December 21st, 2006, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: How do I replace the speakers in my 02 Trailblazer?

I can't thank you enough. I will give this a try as soon as I can. And I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Thanks again!
Old June 9th, 2011, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default speakers

What size speakers are in the front and in the rear?