RE: install new stereo system in my 2002 Silverado
hey there,i hope the project turns out great,
1) round up all materials needed such as door components and indash radio,install plug for aftermarket radio,get a radio install kit they are like 10-15 bucks ,and if ur doing a double din radio you will have to cut trim to fit and inside compartment behind radio,but if your doin stock 1 din you will be fine.
2) in order to get to radio in dash you must pull dash bezel off from around gauges and radio and the radio has push down release tabs on both sides of radio ...push these down and pull radio outwards.
3) use new wire plug harness and install radio using install kit so radio sits in it and slides back in with tabs.
4) door panels come off with (3)crews that are 7mm near door handle,bottom of door near speaker,and inside where the switch panel is.must pull up switch panel to get to screw others are visible.
5) take mirror cap off and lift upwards on panel the whole panel will come off make sure to unplug vanity light at bottom door and all switches.remove n set to side door ....remove speaker and unplug then install new speaker cut plug install new crimped wire connector caps and install speaker and do reverse to put door back on and this go's for the otherside as well.
6) if theres more to your system write back with any ?'s ok ill try to help as much as possible.