Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Introduction to Eonon GA5180 Android Car DVD for Chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old June 14th, 2015, 10:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question on the new Ga5180f or GA5180.

I have a 08 Impala LTZ with the bose system. Does either versions of the GA work with the bose system and is the new version XM compatible?
Old June 26th, 2015, 6:42 AM
CF Beginner

Default owners manual? plug and play?

Is the manual for free? Is it plug play? n play?
Old June 29th, 2015, 11:25 PM
CF Beginner

anyone have any problems with fading the sound to the rear speakers and the sound going out with the GA5180 with Bose speakers and factory amp? and anyone have any luck fixing the onstar sound?

Last edited by mandre74; June 29th, 2015 at 11:37 PM.
Old July 17th, 2015, 5:35 PM
CF Beginner

I'm getting a constant buzzing sound from the right front speaker during DVD or CD play. I also lose signal any time I put the truck in reverse.
Old July 21st, 2015, 7:14 PM
CF Beginner

I bought the GA5180 for my Silverado. I didn't get it installed in time to notify eonon of the defective unit within 7 days, so now I am looking at quite a bit more money to return the unit. I jumped at the opportunity to purchase the eonon but now wonder if I should have bought a different brand such as Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, etc.
Old July 31st, 2015, 12:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default turning off the car

is there a way to rewire this unit so that i will not shut down every time the the car is off. if there is a way to put it in sleep mode like every other tablet. it takes forever to start up. it is not good for the unit if one is making short short stops.
Old August 1st, 2015, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Question for Eonon: I have a 07 Silverado with the premium Bose system (smart amp and subwoofer). Is the GA5180 or GA5180F plug and play with this configuration as well?

For the community: if you have the upgraded Bose system in your vehicle with this new head unit, how does it sound compared to the stock head unit?
Old November 8th, 2015, 3:20 AM
CF Beginner

Default Wiring instructions

Do you have wiring diagram of this radio? Putting it in my 2007 Chevrolet Silverado. Running 2 amplifiers not sure where all 3 plugs go or if u don't use one if you're using amplifiers.non Bose truck.
Old December 20th, 2015, 9:14 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Will the GA5180F
Fit a 2008 Chevrolet 2500 HD Crew Cab Truck
Old December 31st, 2015, 10:27 AM
CF Beginner

Does Eonon still read these posts? I have a few questions after installing my GA5180F unit in my 2012 Avalanche.

1) Backup Sonar sounds don't always work.
2) Where is the adapter to plug the dash USB jack to your radio.
3) Constant buzzing sound coming from the radio but only when the truck is in the run position and not just the on position.
4) What is the difference between the Radio USA Regions for the FM radio?
5) What is the best way to wire it so that it retains RAP?
6) Can I use a different CANBus decoder with this radio? It is nice that this unit does the GMLan and Steering Wheel controls but the sounds it makes for the turn signals and seatbelt are very very bad.
7) Is there a way to control the volume for the turn signal sounds and seat belt sounds.
8) Is there a way to control the volume for the soft button presses.
9) Can you suggest a app or way to control Notification volumes vs Media volume?
10) The volume for the Bluetooth media is very low compared to the volume of the FM radio. Comfortable level for the radio is 5. To even begin hearing the Bluetooth, you need to turn the volume up to almost max.
11) How do you change the two icons, the one on the left (Car Icon) and the right (App Icon)? I don't understand what the purpose of two as they both do the same things.
12) Can you exchange the backup camera for the front DVR camera? I already have a backup camera and don't need another one.
13) Why can't the "NextRadio" app access the FM chip in the radio?
14) What is the solution for On Star?
15) What is the solution for XM Radio?

16) What is the return policy if we can't make it all work?

Quick Reply: Introduction to Eonon GA5180 Android Car DVD for Chevrolet