Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Introduction to Eonon GA5180 Android Car DVD for Chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2016, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buzzing Sound

Seems as if I fixed the buzzing sound. I taped up all the ends of the RCA cables and trapped the unions between any I did use. Two days and no buzzing. Must have been some feedback getting in from one of them. If things change I will let you all know.
Old January 12th, 2016, 3:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default Help

So i bout the chevy andriod stereo for my 2010 silverado. I installed it and everything work great except the screen mirroring. I had my galaxys s4 connected and it work fine. Kust recently i upgraded to a galaxy s6 and now i cant scrren mirror. Can anyone help me figure this out please.
Old January 13th, 2016, 8:12 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jjrodz1986
So i bout the chevy andriod stereo for my 2010 silverado. I installed it and everything work great except the screen mirroring. I had my galaxys s4 connected and it work fine. Kust recently i upgraded to a galaxy s6 and now i cant scrren mirror. Can anyone help me figure this out please.
I currently use a S6 as well as a Tab 7". For both I had to first connect via the cable method and once that happened it worked. Remember that you need to turn USB debugging on so that the Eonon can install the files onto your S6 for it to work.

Last edited by ZitoMD; January 13th, 2016 at 8:13 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old February 9th, 2016, 9:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default I recently just purchased the android 4.4 version of this for my 2008 chevy silverado

Hi , I recently purchased the 4.4 version of this for my silverado and it is being shipped as we speak but was wanting to know if it was plug and play and is there anything extra needed for the steering wheel controls ?
Old February 9th, 2016, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by matthewgage1
Hi , I recently purchased the 4.4 version of this for my silverado and it is being shipped as we speak but was wanting to know if it was plug and play and is there anything extra needed for the steering wheel controls ?
If your current controls work your radio then the little box they send makes it all plug and play. Note that I would pick up some resistors from Radio Shack as the speaker is super loud. I put two 10 ohm resistors in series on the red wire of the speaker and it helped alot. The awful clip clop sound it makes for your turn signal is the worst part of this package.
Old February 21st, 2016, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

Question

Hi guys, new to the board and I see you have installed the Eonon unit in your cars. Can you tell me if the unit is tapered (meaning width at the top is ~201mm and at the bottom ~!95mm)?

Thanks for any help!

John
Old March 13th, 2016, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Crankbooster
i have thesame problem too with the on star. it shows the on star logo but no sound
I just installed this unit and I have the same issue. Was this resolved? If so how? Please let me know.
Old April 5th, 2016, 5:46 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Hi guys. I'm also new to this forum. I have recently purchased the ga5180f model for my 2010 silverado. Everything seems to work fine just one problem and it could be me. The navigation never came with a sd card so it only works if I'm connected to WiFi. Can anyone she'd some light to help figure this out. Thanks in advance
Old July 21st, 2016, 10:37 PM
CF Beginner

It's plug and play but when I plug everything up a very annoying buzz sound comes from my rear speakers..music comes from the front but buzzing from the rear..help please
Old July 22nd, 2016, 7:41 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Orel Sarabia
I just installed this unit and I have the same issue. Was this resolved? If so how? Please let me know.
The CANBUS module that EONON ships does not have the ability to work with the On-Star receiver in the car. So if On-Star is important to you, then you will need to investigate other CANBUS modules to work with this radio.

Quick Reply: Introduction to Eonon GA5180 Android Car DVD for Chevrolet