Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Introduction to Eonon GA5180 Android Car DVD for Chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2015, 5:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I ordered this unit for my 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 hd it says it's Xm radio compatible is there any additional wires I need to hook up my factory Xm unit.
Old May 21st, 2015, 11:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 81greg
Hi I ordered this unit for my 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 hd it says it's Xm radio compatible is there any additional wires I need to hook up my factory Xm unit.
Hi 81greg, you may have some misunderstanding, our product specification never said our GA5180 can be compatible with XM. It only has FM/AM, hope you can understand, thanks!

And welcome to share your nice installation pics and review with us if you like, thanks a lot!
Old May 24th, 2015, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default Installation and operation questions

I just purchased and installed the GA5180 into my 2011 silverado. The unit is working great.

1) which antenna converter do I need to get so I can plug in my antenna into the unit?
2) Where in the setttings do I turn off the rear camera. I dont have a camera.
3) When I first turn on the unit it shows the GMC logo. How do I change it to the chevyrolet logo?

Thanks for the help.
Old May 27th, 2015, 11:46 AM
CF Beginner

Default Ga5180

How's it going everyone I have been researching this head unit and love the factory look and all the stuff that compacted in to this thing. I didnt want to pay 8 or $900 bucks for a pioneer unit which i think is rediculous. Plus the interface and extra harnesses you have to get with it to keep factory sounds and steering wheel controls. I have just bought the GA5180 from the Eonon website for about $350 and im very pleased with the super fast shipping which I ordered from HK warehouse on the 5/20/15 and received it on 5/26/15. Even with Memorial Day it was fast getting to me. I just installed it and everything works like it says it would. The only question I have is when I play a DVD or CD there is a loud static sound just on the passenger side speakers when I turn the volume up and it doesn't do this when I have my radio tuner on, just when I play a disc. Hopefully this is an easy fix because I do not want to have to ship this thing back which it came with a 2 year warranty if you order from the HK warehouse. I know that I have everything wired up right because it is pretty much a plug and play. You will have to buy an antenna adapter and a sma adapter 90 degree for the GPS for it to set right in your dash. Carlos or anybody that has any idea what this can be please help. Thanks Davo
Old May 30th, 2015, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

My eonon adapter came with 3 large plug-connectors, my OEM had 2. Is the 3rd eonon for trucks with Navigation and I just leave it unhooked?

What is the small plug on my OEM radio and where does it hook up?

Lastly, I don't have it in front of me but the eonon has a small plug with black and white wires. I don't see what it is for.

Any help is appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails Introduction to Eonon GA5180 Android Car DVD for Chevrolet-027.jpg  
Old May 30th, 2015, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation GA5180 static noise

Hey guys just installed this unit in my truck. I am getting static noise when unit is on and when some items are clicked on. Also does the unit have 3g or only shares data from my phone.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 7:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tim__Hall
I just purchased and installed the GA5180 into my 2011 silverado. The unit is working great.

1) which antenna converter do I need to get so I can plug in my antenna into the unit?
2) Where in the setttings do I turn off the rear camera. I dont have a camera.
3) When I first turn on the unit it shows the GMC logo. How do I change it to the chevyrolet logo?

Thanks for the help.
Hi Tim, glad to hear you like our unit, here are the answers to you questions:
1) Which antenna do you refer to? Radio antenna?
2) It’s normal that when you’re car is reversing, the unit will turn to reverse mode automatically, the unit is designed in this way to ensure your safety.
3) You can refer to this picture to know how to change the logo:

Originally Posted by davo10078
How's it going everyone I have been researching this head unit and love the factory look and all the stuff that compacted in to this thing. I didnt want to pay 8 or $900 bucks for a pioneer unit which i think is rediculous. Plus the interface and extra harnesses you have to get with it to keep factory sounds and steering wheel controls. I have just bought the GA5180 from the Eonon website for about $350 and im very pleased with the super fast shipping which I ordered from HK warehouse on the 5/20/15 and received it on 5/26/15. Even with Memorial Day it was fast getting to me. I just installed it and everything works like it says it would. The only question I have is when I play a DVD or CD there is a loud static sound just on the passenger side speakers when I turn the volume up and it doesn't do this when I have my radio tuner on, just when I play a disc. Hopefully this is an easy fix because I do not want to have to ship this thing back which it came with a 2 year warranty if you order from the HK warehouse. I know that I have everything wired up right because it is pretty much a plug and play. You will have to buy an antenna adapter and a sma adapter 90 degree for the GPS for it to set right in your dash. Carlos or anybody that has any idea what this can be please help. Thanks Davo
Hi Davo, thanks a lot for your detailed review, happy to hear you like our unit too! About the DVD or CD static, pls try to change to another CD/DVD, and check if the static is in other modes too or only in this DVD mode. If the problem still exists, pls kindly PM me with your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit, I’ll help you further, thanks!
Old June 3rd, 2015, 7:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rutwad
My eonon adapter came with 3 large plug-connectors, my OEM had 2. Is the 3rd eonon for trucks with Navigation and I just leave it unhooked?

Lastly, I don't have it in front of me but the eonon has a small plug with black and white wires. I don't see what it is for.

Any help is appreciated!
Hi rutwad, I’m not quite sure which plug do you refer to. You can PM me pics with your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit, I’ll help you then, thanks!

Originally Posted by skiergary
Hey guys just installed this unit in my truck. I am getting static noise when unit is on and when some items are clicked on. Also does the unit have 3g or only shares data from my phone.
Hi skiergary, you can try to reset the unit and reconnect the power cable to have a try, and pls check the static is in which mode.
Yes the unit has 3G function too, you need to buy a 3G dongle to connect, thanks!
Old June 3rd, 2015, 9:56 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by rutwad

Any help is appreciated!
That is the usb cable that goes to center glove box
Old June 9th, 2015, 4:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi guys, a great news to tell you that now we released an upgraded version unit GA5180F Car DVD with QUAD-CORE and Android 4.4.4 OS for Chevrolet & GMC!

What does Quad-Cord mean to a head unit? It means lightning fast response, double improved preformance, easier to manager multiple tasks, smoother operation and more!

Welcome to check more details here: Eonon GA5180F | Chevrolet, GMC Android Car DVD | Chevrolet, GMC Specific Car DVD | Android Car DVD for Chevrolet, GMC

Quick Reply: Introduction to Eonon GA5180 Android Car DVD for Chevrolet