Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Universal Garage Door Opener Lear Car2U

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2007, 6:41 PM
tom
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Universal Garage Door Opener Lear Car2U

I am more than a bit upset to find that my brand new Chevy2007 car universal garage and gate opener will NOT work with most leading products (Marantec Garage and Elite Gate) unless I BUY from them direct a conversion kit for each of the 3 units I own (all of which are theleading and safest models from garage and gate unit manufacturers). I think this is predatory. All cars I have owned since 2000 have had a universal remote built in and worked perfectly with the same equipment and were easy to program and now the new OEM system in the new GM carsis useless unless I purchase a converter at $25 a pop and install it. Can some one give me a explanation beyondprofit and greedfor this ridiculous piece of "new" equipment and associated price gouging? I note thatmy gate operator and garage openers are listed on the www.lear2u.www website so it is obvious they know exactly what products their equipmentneeds to opperate but will not without an associated surcharge.
Old September 1st, 2007, 3:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Universal Garage Door Opener Lear Car2U

The Impala SS 2008 has the same problem. Can anything be done?
Old September 17th, 2008, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Universal Garage Door Opener Lear Car2U

Chevrolet should be the responsible party for correcting this problem - after all they selectedLearto providethis option - my dealer blew me off saying my garage door opener was not compatible with my 2008 Impala - It was compatible on my 2002 & 2005 and worked fine- I went directly to Lear & the problem was rectified for my 2008. It appears General Motors service is starting to go to pot!
Old December 15th, 2009, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2010 Malibu

Well, of course I didn't know about this PRIOR to buying my car, but has anyone found a way to get the homelink/car2u thing to work without buying a converter? My 09 Cad SRX and my 2010 Malibu apparently have the same system.
Thanks for the help in advance!
Old January 2nd, 2010, 6:58 PM
CF Beginner

my friends dad had the same problem and all he did was somehow unlocked the security on the door opener to allow the garage remote to grab the code and pair the two .so what ever brand garage system you have go to that website and figure out your security settings to allow you to pair to your vehicle