Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

USB/SD/AUX adapter for car HELP

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2014, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB/SD/AUX adapter for car HELP

I’m searching for a car adapter to listen to music from iPhone, iPod and Android tablet and also USB flash. Do you have any suggestions? I’ve heard some positive reviews about car kit AUX Link. It’s compatible with iPhones,iPods,iPads, USB, SD memory cards and devices with 3.5 mm audio mini jack. Does anyone have it and can share his opinion? Do you have better recommendations? Thanks!
Old September 17th, 2014, 6:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can share my personal experience. When I took the decision to purchase AUX Link car adapter, I compared all the prices and it's really much cheaper to purchase it at the official online store AUX Car Kits. The delivery took just four days. At first I decided to try to install it myself, but experienced some problems taking out the head unit. I didn't have necessary tools, so finally I had it installed in the nearest service center. It took just 15 minutes. So far I'm totally satisfied with the purchase.

Advantages:

- supports iOS devices, USB flash, SD cards, but there is also a mini audio jack for other mobile gadgets (MP3 players, Android and Windows smartphones, tablets, laptops, netbooks, PSP and so on).
- high quality sound
- can be used as a charger
- with optional Bluetooth module can be used as a car hands-free kit
- music control with buttons on the steering wheel and buttons on the car head unit (very convenient)
- read all music formats
- delivery is free and fast
- occupies very little space and doesn't spoil the interior
- now I can enjoy all my favourite songs without carrying piles of CDs.

Disadvantages:

- a bit expensive as I also ordered additional Bluetooth dongle to use the adapter as a Bluetooth handsfree car kit
- couldn't easily take out the head unit so I had to go to autotuning workshop

But all in all, I think it's a good product. So from my point of view it's worth buying.