Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

'08 cracked dash!!!!!!

Old August 14th, 2016, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi , did u reinforce the dash any to stop the , new from cracking , or just replaced it ... I have a 07 gotta do mines also
Old July 24th, 2017, 5:11 PM
CF Beginner

Jeff Morris, I have a 2012 Avalanche LS that has a cracked dash on both the driver's side and on the passenger side around the Airbag and I'm very concerned if that airbag goes off it will cause serious danger to the passenger in the vehicle. What can GM do to remedy this? It appears to be a common problem in these vehicles.

Last edited by Dhausman; July 24th, 2017 at 5:12 PM. Reason: poor grammer
Old September 9th, 2019, 6:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default Another dash crack question

Hello. I'm new here and I have the infamous dash cracking around airbag and atop cluster bubble. How screwed am I now 2019? Seems like it's a common thing but I just want my truck to be nice and not blow sharp plastic shards at ppl when airbag goes off.. thanks
Old September 14th, 2019, 9:56 PM
CF Beginner

Default So soon?

So soon? How bout at all? I for one am not familiar with a dash board of any vehicle being a problem of vehicle aging. Every single Avalanche, Silverado, Sierra etc from around 2006-2007 to 2013 WILL end up with a cracked dash. It's a major design flaw and in my opinion one that should have been recognized and fixed by GM regardless of warranty period expiration. Neither of which was done. Despite my love for my Avy, another tick in the CON column.
Old June 10th, 2021, 6:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer
My wifes dash has 2 cracks around the passenger side airbag! Anyone else have this issue? It has 67xxx miles, so no warranty.....and no, it's never had armour-all or anything of the like on it. Any thoughts? I'm kinda pissed that this happened so soon.
I have the same problem with my 2008 Equinox. We take very good care of our cars and we have low mileage. We have several cracks around the passenger side airbag. I checked for recalls and I’m shocked that nothing comes up for this problem. I’m worried that the airbag will deploy while driving and cause an accident and/or injury. Where you able for find a solution ?
Old June 10th, 2021, 7:00 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer
My wifes dash has 2 cracks around the passenger side airbag! Anyone else have this issue? It has 67xxx miles, so no warranty.....and no, it's never had armour-all or anything of the like on it. Any thoughts? I'm kinda pissed that this happened so soon.
I have the same problem with my 2008 Equinox. We take very good care of our cars and we have low mileage. We have several cracks around the passenger side airbag. I checked for recalls and I’m shocked that nothing comes up for this problem. I’m worried that the airbag will deploy while driving and cause an accident and/or injury. Where you able for find a solution ?