Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

2008 Avalanche Radio/BU Assist Audio Problem

Old November 12th, 2013, 8:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Avalanche Radio/BU Assist Audio Problem

Hey fellow Avalanchers. I have a problem with my 2008 Avalanche and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. Below is the problem and some steps I've tried to fix.

Problem: 2008 with a non-Bose system, but according to the dealer (via VIN number) a mid-level upgraded sound system with an AMP. All the speakers EXCEPT the little tweeters on the dash columns work intermittently. Most of the time, the door speakers don't work at all, but the tweeters work ALL the time. Also, when those door speakers aren't working, the parking assist BEEP alarm doesn't work either.

Attempts: I removed the radio and checked the wiring harness. All seemed tight. All fuses were good. I removed the center console to check if there was an amp, and there is nothing under there.

According to the dealer, there should be an amp in this truck, but I can't find it. It's not under the center console tray, where the diagram the parts guy had showed me, shows it being.

QUESTION: Do you think it's the amp that's bad, the radio that's bad or is there something else I am missing? Also, does anyone know where the AMP is on a 2008 Avalanche? It's not where we thought it was under the center console tray.

Thanks and PM me if you would rather.