Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

2009 Avalanche Smokes On Start Up

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2010, 8:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Avalanche Smokes On Start Up

I have a 2009 Avalanche, and on some start ups it smokes and then stops. I have had it at the dealer 4 times they replaced the complete exhast think that would work and at first I thought it did, seems if the truck sits for long time maybe 24 hours it will smoke on start up. No seems to know how to fix it. can any one suggest what is wrong with the truck. The check engine light is now on and you can't start the truck using the remote start as I like to do that so I can video when it has this problem. please suggest to me what is wrong . email me at seidman
@pre-lock.com
Old August 18th, 2010, 3:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default issue is PVC valve letting oil

I had the exact same problem and the issue was the PVC valve needed to be replaced. Oil was leaking when the truck would sit and would burn off on startup.. Your check engine light is probably a result of all that oil running through your exhaust trashing your catalytic converters (exact same happened to me). both should be under warranty.....You can take your vehicle to Autozone and get the code read for free... will tell you that the issue is catalytic converters