Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Power Running Board Issue

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2014, 6:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Power Running Board Issue

I am having an issue with my drivers power running board. I took my 2009 Avalanche in to the dealer to get an oil change and tire rotation. When they were done I went to get into my vehicle and as the power running board was going up it started making a continuous chatter sound. They tried to grease it and lube it with WD40 but it still continued to make this chatter sound every time the board goes up. My conclusion is, either the mechanic did something to it during the oil change and tire rotation and won't confess or by some freak chance it did this all on its own while in the shop. The shop concluded that during the car wash they took it through water must of did something to the board. The following day I did take it back and had them lift it up in the air to look at it and they found a tiny pebble in a hinge but I find it hard to believe that a tiny pebble could cause it.

This vehicle is rarely driven and only has 30,000 miles on it but since it is a 2009 the warranty is expired and the extended warranty I purchased does not cover exterior items apparently. The part or parts that need to be replaced stated by the shop are the motor and or the bracket. Also, the service manager has stated that they will not pay for anything even though it happened while it was in their shop.

My questions are:
Has anyone ever had this type of issue with a power running board?
Any way to get an approval by GM to cover this under the warranty?
Should the shop be responsible for this?

Thanks!