Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

2012 Avalanche LTZ Dash Cracked

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2015, 9:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Avalanche LTZ Dash Cracked

It appears that I, like many others have found their way here due to the same issue. Just wanted to make mine known and add it to the list. It is a 2012 Avalanche LTZ with 55000 miles on it and I am the original owner. I see where some folks have had success going to a dealer they have spent money with, unfortunately, we have recently moved to a new state and I will not be driving six hours just to get a dash replaced. I have done a bit of searching and so far, there does not appear to be an acceptable solution to a manufacturer defect on a $50,000+ vehicle. Thanks for having me and I appreciate any sympathy, empathy, and even "Quit yer whining!" commentary. :-D
Old January 13th, 2015, 6:44 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Joe,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have a cracked dashboard in your Avalanche. I can certainly understand your frustration with this matter. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. I'd be happy to look further into this matter for you and contact your dealership for assistance. Feel free to send us a private message with more information if any help is needed!

Kristen A.
GM Customer Care
Old December 16th, 2015, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

Angry 2007 Suburban LTZ dash cracked!!!!!

My wife's Suburban has a random crack in the dash at the top left corner of the airbag. Its one this for a wearable item like a seat cover to wear out, but to have a dashboard crack (NO WAY). It's not like the dash is used to sit my butt on everyday or anything else for that matter. This is crazy for such a prized piece of Chevy's lineup. Expecially on a LTZ model. These are far from cheap priced cars but to have this??? Rediculous!! How these aren't recalled is beyond me. How do I contact GM about this issue?
Old January 27th, 2016, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by rtalley@nevada.k12.mo.us
My wife's Suburban has a random crack in the dash at the top left corner of the airbag. Its one this for a wearable item like a seat cover to wear out, but to have a dashboard crack (NO WAY). It's not like the dash is used to sit my butt on everyday or anything else for that matter. This is crazy for such a prized piece of Chevy's lineup. Expecially on a LTZ model. These are far from cheap priced cars but to have this??? Rediculous!! How these aren't recalled is beyond me. How do I contact GM about this issue?
Been there. They don't care! Not enough people died for them to fix the obvious flaw. Just pray that you don't get into an accident and have that piece fly god knows where. I know that with my tax refund will help with a down payment on my new ford expedition
Old April 7th, 2019, 1:07 PM
CF Beginner

I too have 2012 Avalanche with a cracked dash near the passenger air bag. GM is not scoring point.
Old April 8th, 2019, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

i don't know if you all have checked these out but my son just purchased a 2010 Avalanche and it has the whole dash cover. It looks way better than having the cracked one showing.

https://www.stockinteriors.com/items...7&MainCatId=11

you can purchase paint from them too to hopefully match your present color

Last edited by jpaws68; April 8th, 2019 at 5:40 PM. Reason: addition
Old October 20th, 2019, 9:43 PM
CF Beginner

I just had my 2011 Sub LTZ crack right at the passenger side airbag and over the instrument cluster.

It's an 8-year-old truck but seems like this was coming.

Any ideas?

Thanks, John