Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Avalanche and MaxJax

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2014, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avalanche and MaxJax

Hello all,

I'm the new, proud owner of a 2008 Avalanche LTZ and thought I'd say Hello. One of my biggest questions when deciding on a replacement vehicle was, "Can my maxjax lift it?"

I've been reading through a couple of forums but no-one can really provide a definitive answer so here's my first take Please note, just because this worked for me, doesn't mean it'll work for you. Always stay safe.

The maxjax is rated for 6000lbs capacity which is pretty much right up there with the weight of the Avalanche so I was pretty nervous. Up until now, I've lifted the following with no issues:

2004 Trailblazer
2005 Chrysler 300C
2007 Mazda 3
2010 Pontiac G6
2005 Jetta TDi
2010 Hyundai Sonata

None gave any problems and the lift was able to handle them all. My lift is installed into 18" of reinforced concrete (I had 3'x3' sections repoured and tied into the existing floor). I used the factory supplied wedj-it bolts but used epoxy to supplement the friction fit. Some Maxjax owners complain that some of their bolts will no longer torque to 90ft/lbs and will just spin in place - I've never had that issue.

On to what you've been waiting for!

As you can see, I positioned a jack stand under each arm as a backup. I lifted the truck up around a foot off the group, positioned the jacks and then left it for 5 minutes, held only be the hydraulics. I did not use the safety bar that comes with the maxjax.

After 5 minutes, the lift arms hadn't dropped even slightly. I'm very confident in the lifts ability BUT I'll still use my jack stands right under the frame because that's just good common sense.

Any questions, let me know.