Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

door chimes low and front speakers not working ....LOSING MY MIND

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2014, 9:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default door chimes low and front speakers not working ....LOSING MY MIND

I have a 2007 avalanche LT without bose system and my front door speakers are not working (piller tweeters are working) and my onstar and door chimes are really low. I have taken the door panels off and checked connections and same with the head unit and all are ok with no breaks in wire or anythng. It came on last week for awhile and now nothing. I've checked the web and seen alot of ppl with this problem but nobody seems to have an answer. Really hoping someone here can help
The following users liked this post:
Kayla Taylor (June 22nd, 2020)
Old April 25th, 2014, 9:13 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi BuckWild75,

This sounds frustrating. I realize you are seeking the opinions of other forum members, but if you would like us to assist, we would be happy to get you in contact with your local dealership for further technical advice.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by BuckWild75
I have a 2007 avalanche LT without bose system and my front door speakers are not working (piller tweeters are working) and my onstar and door chimes are really low. I have taken the door panels off and checked connections and same with the head unit and all are ok with no breaks in wire or anythng. It came on last week for awhile and now nothing. I've checked the web and seen alot of ppl with this problem but nobody seems to have an answer. Really hoping someone here can help
Old August 16th, 2014, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hates to type

Had the same thing with my Avalanche. It seams like GM had a very bad batch of speakers had to replace all for in the doors. I Have a very close friend had the same thing with his GMC truck Don,t know how many years this has gone but if you do a search here there is a lot of people with the same thing
Old December 18th, 2015, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem in my 2007, the speakers come and go, and no one seems to know what to do about it. I had severla problems that I took to the dealer before the warranty ran out, and they said they could not do anything about it because they could not figure out what it was
The following users liked this post:
Kayla Taylor (June 22nd, 2020)