Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2016, 12:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LimitedSlip11
I just had the same exact thing happen to my 08 Avalanche. Got a car wash the other day and pulled out and as soon as I accelerated to exit the parking lot, I got the "Reduced Engine Power" and stabilitrak and traction control were both off. I limped the truck home and waited a few hours. Started it again and it ran fine but the check engine light was still on. I did not get a chance to check the code but the next day the light was off and I drove it all over. Thinking everything was fine and that maybe something just got wet at the wash, I drove it again. This was two days after it happened. I was at a stoplight and the truck just died after trying to accelerate. I had to wait a bit and it started and ran fine getting it home. The check engine light was back and it was P2101 - TAC problem. After researching, I found that GM has a special warranty for this issue on certain models and after running my VIN, they replaced the throttle body at no charge.
Can you provide the number you contacted to fix this issue with GM?
Old November 22nd, 2016, 11:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same issue check engine stabiltrac and service traction control also number 6 clunker keeps miss firming when this happen truck barely moves and runs real rough if I clear codes it's back to its awesome self I have a 2008 silverado 1500 with 6.0 vortec max incredible fast but lately it's set off codes every 10 min out of warranty so need a cheap fix and no after warranty companies will warranty it because made in Canada 150000

Last edited by Duane Holder; November 22nd, 2016 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Added more info
Old November 23rd, 2016, 5:53 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Having same issue with Chevy Equinox 2013 (52K miles) Also having issue with Service Stabili Trak light. I brought it to Big O Tires first and they said I needed a new Yaw Sensor but when replaced it with Dealer part it was thought to be defective as light still was on.
They ordered part again and replaced it and then went to Chevy Dealer in Dublin to get it reprogrammed but then began to veer left when the owner of Big O drove it so he took it back and they ended up saying I needed another steering wheel yaw sensor for $547. Luckily Big O took care of that as I had already paid them $507 for fixing a problem they did not fix and they also are paying for my rental car now. Chevy is not responding to their calls so the owner of Big O went down to Chevy and they want to keep my car another 2 days. I have had this issue for about 2 weeks. I have a 2 year old and really am concerned now for my safety based on some of the posts here. Chevy please help!!! I have never had this problem. I got this car when I became pregnant because I wanted a safe car but now I am feeling very unsafe!
Old December 8th, 2016, 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

This may sound crazy but as crazy as it sounds it was my problem .....CHECK BREAK FLUID if it's low add fluid problem instantly was fixed .
Old December 14th, 2016, 9:38 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Crystal jacobs Welcome to the forum
Thanks for sharing your findings, we take for granted sometimes how maintenance free our vehicles can be sometimes. Keep in mind now that you added fluid that your brake pads are probably pretty near needing to be replaced unless you have a leak.
Old February 5th, 2017, 5:12 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down Common Chevrolet Issue

This is a common issue with Chevrolet and GMC. Multiple mechanics and dealerships have told me this is just something that happens regularly and they have not recalled it because they don't recall things that aren't safety hazards. So basically since all this does is cause you an inconvenience and some cash, they don't really care. I have owned 3 Chevrolets and a GMC and things I learn about these vehicles never cease to amaze me.
Old February 11th, 2017, 7:38 PM
CF Beginner

Is there a recall on throttle body sensor for 2011
Silverado
Old February 21st, 2017, 8:49 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Darren Harvey
Is there a recall on throttle body sensor for 2011
Silverado
Hello Darren,

We're sorry to hear about this throttle body sensor concern with your Silverado. As all recalls and service announcements are VIN specific, we'd be more than happy to check your VIN for any recalls that may be associated to this. Please send us a private message including your VIN to proceed.

We look forward to your response,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old February 23rd, 2017, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 tahoe engine power reduced

My 2007 Chevy Tahoe says service traction control, stability track, an engine power reduced. I've clean the throttle body and that did not fix the problem. I took it to a mechanic and they put a new sensor on it but that did not fix the problem so he didn't charge me. He told me he ran the codes and app1 is at 9 .4 and App2 is at 2.45. ( i think i word that down correctly). The gas pedal is it two and a half volts and it should be 5. He said he may have to do a wiring test that could be three hours of work and cost me almost $300. Or they would have replaced the computer box I need a company to come out and program it. Costing me a little over 300. But he is not exactly sure what the problem is and what to fix first. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm a girl and new to this forum. I was trying to write notes down as my mechanic was telling you over the phone. My truck has 164000 miles on it.
Old March 13th, 2017, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

2010 GMC Sierra 1500, 6.2L 6 speed auto, towing axle.

Same symptoms.... had to have it towed to independent garage. Truck only has 80K miles and is babied. After sitting at the side of the road for 20 min, it started right up and ran smoothly...onto the tilt bed truck.

Any definitive root cause from GM? Should I have it towed to a dealer?

Quick Reply: engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control