Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control

Old July 20th, 2015, 3:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been having the same issue, (engine power reduced) it only happens when I drive on a bumpy road or over RR tracks! Had a diagnostic done and Had the accelerator and cruise sensors replaced ( paid $280) but it still does it. Dealer now tells me its an electrical issue which will cost $130.00 to "trace" then they will let me know the actual cost of repairs! Seems like somebody needs to look into a recall and fix this COMMON issue! So frustrated!
Old July 20th, 2015, 5:44 AM
CF Beginner

Default Good luck......

We've had it in the shop four times since January. Every time we drive over rr tracks. Chevy doesn't care!!! Better off just selling it. That's what we're doing!

Originally Posted by sweetdee
I have been having the same issue, (engine power reduced) it only happens when I drive on a bumpy road or over RR tracks! Had a diagnostic done and Had the accelerator and cruise sensors replaced ( paid $280) but it still does it. Dealer now tells me its an electrical issue which will cost $130.00 to "trace" then they will let me know the actual cost of repairs! Seems like somebody needs to look into a recall and fix this COMMON issue! So frustrated!
Old July 23rd, 2015, 10:45 AM
CF Beginner

Unhappy 2013 Chevrolet Impala LT Fleet Stabilitrak issues

Hey guys,

I have a newbie to this forum. I was driving my 2013 Impala LT Fleet this morning and had this same issue come up. All of a sudden my power was cut down to barely a roll. When at a stop light I have to wait for the car to basically limp to 15 miles per hour then I have some power back. But I did notice that it doesn't feel as if the car wants to shift at all into any gears either. I did get to work and turned the car off and then back on and that message did seem to go away but the check engine light was still on. I bought mine from Carr Chevrolet out in Beaverton Oregon and I am taking it there tomorrow morning to have it serviced. I did purchase a 2 year/24k extended warranty on it so I pray that whatever needs to be done, one of my warranties will cover it as I am on an extremely tight budget and have very little money to spare. I will keep you updated with what the dealership tells me.
Old July 24th, 2015, 8:27 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Diggler1101
Hey guys,

I have a newbie to this forum. I was driving my 2013 Impala LT Fleet this morning and had this same issue come up. All of a sudden my power was cut down to barely a roll. When at a stop light I have to wait for the car to basically limp to 15 miles per hour then I have some power back. But I did notice that it doesn't feel as if the car wants to shift at all into any gears either. I did get to work and turned the car off and then back on and that message did seem to go away but the check engine light was still on. I bought mine from Carr Chevrolet out in Beaverton Oregon and I am taking it there tomorrow morning to have it serviced. I did purchase a 2 year/24k extended warranty on it so I pray that whatever needs to be done, one of my warranties will cover it as I am on an extremely tight budget and have very little money to spare. I will keep you updated with what the dealership tells me.
Hey Diggler1101,

We're glad you're taking your Impala into Carr Chevrolet today. We definitely recognize how this may be concerning and we're here to do whatever we can to help. Let us know how things go at the dealership and feel free to PM us if you have any additional questions or if you'd like for us to reach out to Carr Chevrolet.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 29th, 2015, 3:44 AM
CF Beginner

Had the same problem with my 07 suburban and had my dealership change out the fuel pump, brake switch and maf sensor. Havent had a problem since. Hope this helps.
Old July 30th, 2015, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

I'm assuming nothing has ever been figured out on this issue. From what I've read anyway. I have a 2010 crew cab lt with 33000 miles on it just got the service stabilitrack and traction control off then service traction control. I've owned the truck for a little over a year never had a issue till tonight. Hooked up a empty trailer and when I pulled out these codes came up. Truck had 29000 miles on it when I purchased it.
Old August 1st, 2015, 11:15 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same symptoms but different diagnosis

I have 2007 Chevy Silverado LTZ w/ 6L, last week on a trip I began having problems spoke of here - traction control, stabilitrac, reduced engine power & rough idle. I stopped & had it towed back to my hometown dealership ($650). Tell them the symptoms & they say it is probably a bad sensor somewhere. The next day I get a call saying cylinder 7 has fallen and I will need engine rebuild, or GM crate engine ($8600). I am no mechanic, but symptoms are same as on here. I just want to be reassured that this could not be a mistaken diagnosis or a cover all the bases fix, considering there seems to be no definitive, widely accepted cause for these problems. Any advice would be very deeply appreciated!
Old August 20th, 2015, 3:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default Problem again....

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey Diggler1101,

We're glad you're taking your Impala into Carr Chevrolet today. We definitely recognize how this may be concerning and we're here to do whatever we can to help. Let us know how things go at the dealership and feel free to PM us if you have any additional questions or if you'd like for us to reach out to Carr Chevrolet.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Sorry for the long delay in reply Chevrolet customer service, I wanted to be sure the issued was fixed. Unfortunatley, today my car did the same thing. This time however, I got service Stabillitrak, service engine, service brake assist this time, and no reduced power as of yet. Also my ABS light is also on, which I find interesting. Now the dealership has no availability until Monday at the earliest. Meanwhile, I am having to drive this vehicle that is essentially broken. I am starting to wonder why I went with Chevrolet as my car.....Not that you can or will, but is there anyway you can get a spot for me at Carr Chevrolet in Beaverton or any other Chevrolet dealerships near the Beaverton, Tigard, Hillsboro area?

Thanks,

Dirk

Last edited by Diggler1101; August 20th, 2015 at 3:13 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old August 21st, 2015, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Post Speed Sensor Harness

Ive been dealing with the issue for 2 years. went to the dealer about 5 times and they kept fixing issue - so they said but I wouldn't be off the parking lot and the lights would pop up again. stalibility, traction and brake assist and abs light. so I gave up. on occasion when making a left turn my car will feel as if it locks up and ive been really close to getting into a wreck. decided its time to get rid of the car but before I do, I am determined to find out what it is. only because I do want top dollar for it and with those errors on it wont happen. therefore, I have done tons of research and found the following:
2012 chevy impala. dealers are a rip off. through a lot of research and reading forums and finally you tube ive discovered that it is a common problem with a lot of Chevy's and other makes. I ordered an after market harness part 970-040 ($30bucks) dealer wanted $111 for each, telling me I needed 4 of the connections.BS! bought just the connection piece that connects from the speed sensor part to the abs wheel module that runs out of under the engine area which is like 20 inches long. Going to use this info and take it to my buddy and ask him to do just this. testing the resistance on each end first and voltage reading VDC 5 +2 or -2 to identify the one that is the problem. Mainly the front ones are the issues.one or the other. If the reader does not return with a number there's a problem. if the numbers just keep rising and not stopping there is a problem. FINALLY after 2 years of BS I am getting somewhere! thanks for the very useful video!

Originally Posted by Buffaloears
I have a 2012 Impala with almost 70K miles on it. I have had this default code come up 4 times now. Once while driving on the freeway and 3 times at start up. I've had the auto towed in once and limped it back other times. It is currently in the shop again with the same problem (4th time). I do a lot of travelling for business and this thing scares the daylights out of me. Three previous times the dealer has told me thay fixed the problem. They now claim they are in touch with GM and wanted to keep the car over the weekend, which I've let them do. Today is Monday and I've not heard from them yet, which tells me they probably don't have any idea what the problem is. Most of the time they can't seem to duplicate it once I drop it off.......I'm not very happy at present.
Old August 24th, 2015, 4:54 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Getting rid of this car...

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey Diggler1101,

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Got the call from the dealership. $703 dollars NOT covered by warranty. Wheel speed sensor and harness. I do not have the money to replace this and I am not going to get into an accident because of this. So irritated....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control