Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2014, 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default bulletin numbers

Bulletin numbers are:
10-06-01-008J
12-06-01-001B

Originally Posted by virgillionaire
After getting the service stabilitrak, service traction control engine light and rough idle I thought my tps was bad.
So, took it to the dealer who said oil was built up on plugs and in cylinders, etc and accused me of not changing the oil.
Luckily, a mechanic friend sent me a couple of service bulletins. There is a flawed design that lets oil get pulled in through pcv valve. It requires a different valve cover or 'afm' shield in oil pan.

So had to argue with the dealer for a week before they finally fixed it.

Thanks a million to Kristen from Chevy customer care who saw my original post on here and helped lean on the dealer to do the right thing.

Luckily
Old July 9th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

After getting the service stabilitrak, service traction control engine light and rough idle I thought my tps was bad.
So, took it to the dealer who said oil was built up on plugs and in cylinders, etc and accused me of not changing the oil.
Luckily, a mechanic friend sent me a couple of service bulletins. There is a flawed design that lets oil get pulled in through pcv valve. It requires a different valve cover or 'afm' shield in oil pan.

So had to argue with the dealer for a week before they finally fixed it.

Thanks a million to Kristen from Chevy customer care who saw my original post on here and helped lean on the dealer to do the right thing.

Luckily
Glad to hear that everything worked out, virgillionaire. We'll be sure to forward your feedback to Kristen. Let us know if you have any questions in the future. We're here to help!

Amber N. (assisting)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 10th, 2014, 3:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem solved

Just started having this stabilitrak warning reduced power issue. Only 45000 miles and this is the second engine meltdown already.
The last one was at least subject to a recall.
Now I get to go to the dealer and hope GM will fix another one of their problems.
Gonna be hard to justify another Chevy purchase, especially if this is a hassle.
I had 42000 miles on my truck when i had the same problem reduce engine,stabili trak warning..after taking back to a different chevy dealership they fixed it..said it was the computer..,i was out of warranty but he filed it under an emmisions warranty ,so they say and it didnt cost a thing,and took them a few hours and i was on my way.....
Old July 10th, 2014, 5:23 PM
Official GM Rep

Thanks for the feedback, Manny73. It's good to hear you didn't have to pay for repairs and that everything was taken care of. Let us know if you have any questions in the future.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Originally Posted by Manny73
I had 42000 miles on my truck when i had the same problem reduce engine,stabili trak warning..after taking back to a different chevy dealership they fixed it..said it was the computer..,i was out of warranty but he filed it under an emmisions warranty ,so they say and it didnt cost a thing,and took them a few hours and i was on my way.....
Old July 29th, 2014, 6:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 suburban same issue

For me pulling the battery and letting computer reset for about 15 min works.
It's happened twice now and both times this has fixed it. Makes sense it is maybe the onstar and it resets? Kind of ridiculous I will call my dealer tomorrow. Very troubling issue.
Old July 30th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Inspired
For me pulling the battery and letting computer reset for about 15 min works.
It's happened twice now and both times this has fixed it. Makes sense it is maybe the onstar and it resets? Kind of ridiculous I will call my dealer tomorrow. Very troubling issue.
Hey Inspired,

Please let us know how everything goes tomorrow with the dealership, and if there was a resolution to your concerns. I would be happy to document your feedback.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 31st, 2014, 2:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default Accelerator peddle position sensor

This was what the dealer found pulling battery does allow you to drive it temporarily FYI if you're in a pinch for me it was the Accelerator peddle position sensor.
Old July 31st, 2014, 2:56 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Inspired thanks for follow up with what the fix was for your situation
Old August 1st, 2014, 8:18 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up Fix for Stabilitrac/Traction Control Message!!

So like everyone else, I started out getting the both systems off light, then service both, and then eventually the check engine light. Called onstar and they gave me the two common codes of P0172 and P0175. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY by going to the dealer. They will replace this and replace that blah blah blah......Go to autozone or where ever and get a bottle of GUMOUT Multisystem cleaner....white bottle! Disconnect your battery to reset your codes. Pour 6oz of the GUMOUT into your engine oil and the remaining GUMOUT into a 3/4 full tank of gas (normally full bottle of GUMOUT to full tank of gas). Reconnect your battery and turn the vehicle on and just let it run for about 10 min to get the GUMOUT mixed into the engine oil. Now for about a week, every time you start your truck, immediately turn off the traction control before putting it into gear. Your light may come on and off randomly that first day but it will stop. Continue running with the traction control off for about a week and with each gas fill add another bottle of any fuel additive/injector cleaner. I have done this and been over a month now without the lights coming back on....there is NO NEED to waste money at the dealer...this is an easy fix by running some cleaner thru the truck and breaking up all that **** covering your MAF and injectors. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!
Old August 1st, 2014, 10:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default 08 buick lucerne

i have 3 codes, starting disabled service throttle, service traction control,engine power reduced,,,,replaced the gas peddle no help, replaced the throttle body, no help, was told to disconnect my onstar, didnt help, new key no key ring, no help, so today 105.00 dollars for the dealer to tell he thinks my pcm is bad, it will cost 710.00 dollars, if everything goes good

"when have you ever gotten out of the dealer and the quote is right"

the check engine light has never came on , the car just shuts off whenever it wants, driving , idling, now after i get it back from the dealer the check engine light is on codes u0107 and p0601 and p0606 , 410 dollars for the part, and 300 to program it, what a ripoff i have been a die hard Gm person for years i even bought the extended warrenty from the dealer ....never ever again

Quick Reply: engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control