Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2015, 9:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MartiMc
My Burb is a 2010 and it is under 100k miles. I will not pay for a darn thing. Why won't chevy pay for this known issue? I see it on several models and different years.
On the Silverados they' paying for it up to 120K miles or 2020. If it's the same problem I have to assume you should be able to get the same coverage.
Old January 15th, 2015, 10:02 AM
CF Beginner

Default Fiance having the same problem described here with her 07 Avalanche.

How do I private message customer care on here? We are having the exact same issue with our 2007 Avalanche. This is her only vehicle for work. The extended warranty just ran out last month! I need to find out about this special warranty for the throttle body if that's what it is.... Help!
Old January 16th, 2015, 12:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default Throttle body

Originally Posted by Chestercatfish
Had this issue with a 2010 Avalanche. Engine raced while idling and two indicator lights came on. Dealer was excellent, replaced throttle body and serviced it. Nice job.
Did the dealership end up covering it under warranty or did you pay out of pocket?
Old January 19th, 2015, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

Default How to private message Chevrolet Customer Care?

How do I private message or contact Chevrolet Customer Care on this site? I am scheduled to take my 2010 Chevy Silverado in for service due to the known issues with Reduced Engine Power/Service Stabil Track/Service Traction Control and I want to make sure they are aware that it's a known issue and will cover the repair accordingly. When I originally posted on this issue, the Customer Care Rep stated to contact them and they would contact the dealer regarding the issue.
Old January 19th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 10acfan1
How do I private message or contact Chevrolet Customer Care on this site? I am scheduled to take my 2010 Chevy Silverado in for service due to the known issues with Reduced Engine Power/Service Stabil Track/Service Traction Control and I want to make sure they are aware that it's a known issue and will cover the repair accordingly. When I originally posted on this issue, the Customer Care Rep stated to contact them and they would contact the dealer regarding the issue.
Click on Chevrolet Customer Service's name in any of their post and a drop down menu will give you the option to send private message..
Old January 31st, 2015, 8:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default Easy fix for engine power is reduced

I was surprised to see all the issues on repairing this problem. It happened to me a couple of times in the extreme cold with low fuel, on my 2009. I thought it was ice in fuel so was not too concerned. When it happenned with a full tank, again in extreme cold I was concerned. I dropped in to the local dealer who took it in and fixed it in 40 minutes or so and no charge. I think they just cleaned the throttle position sensor. Its been quit a while since the repair and no issues. Anyhow, they were awesome to fit me in and I do love my truck, it has been a great truck!
Old February 6th, 2015, 12:22 PM
CF Beginner

Like everyone else, I'm having the same issue with my '10 Avalanche. I'm not sure I can by into the OnStar theory - this only happens to me when it's below freezing outside and once the engine is warm enough it's no longer an issue. Can anyone provide the service bulletin or recall notice number on this problem?
Much appreciated...
Old February 7th, 2015, 1:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gsxrick
Like everyone else, I'm having the same issue with my '10 Avalanche. I'm not sure I can by into the OnStar theory - this only happens to me when it's below freezing outside and once the engine is warm enough it's no longer an issue. Can anyone provide the service bulletin or recall notice number on this problem?
Much appreciated...
Most likely it's not the on-star. It's probably the throttle body cleaning that's needed. I don't know the bulletin number, but my dealership informed me that this service is covered up to 120k miles or the year 2020 whichever comes first. I'm at 78K now. Give them the information you got from the forum on the throttle body.
Old February 17th, 2015, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 Tahoe

My 2011 Tahoe gave me the codes service stabilitrak, service traction control and engine power reduced today. I tried driving it and the vehicle barely made it out of the driveway when the vehicle shut down, power steering quit working and brakes wouldn't work. I had to use my emergency brake put it in park and turn it back on. My Tahoe coasted back to the garage with these warnings still on and not able to pick up speed regardless of pressing the gas. I turned it on when I got home from work today and everything is off and it is running fine. The dealer can't figure out what is wrong until the vehicle starts doing this again. I'm scared to drive it since most of my commute is interstate driving with my toddler with me. Please help
Old February 18th, 2015, 7:22 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Brookley524
My 2011 Tahoe gave me the codes service stabilitrak, service traction control and engine power reduced today. I tried driving it and the vehicle barely made it out of the driveway when the vehicle shut down, power steering quit working and brakes wouldn't work. I had to use my emergency brake put it in park and turn it back on. My Tahoe coasted back to the garage with these warnings still on and not able to pick up speed regardless of pressing the gas. I turned it on when I got home from work today and everything is off and it is running fine. The dealer can't figure out what is wrong until the vehicle starts doing this again. I'm scared to drive it since most of my commute is interstate driving with my toddler with me. Please help
I didn't drive mine to the dealership when my 2010 Silverado did this. I had it towed using OnStar. Towing is included. You should suggest the throttle body service to the dealership. They should have at least checked that one out.

Quick Reply: engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control