Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Factory Stereo with nav, aftermarket amp and speakers NO CHIME NOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2012, 11:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Stereo with nav, aftermarket amp and speakers NO CHIME NOW!!!!

hello,

I had an 11 avalanche with a aftermarket headunit. I installed the pac harness for the onstar with a seperate speaker, then wired up amps and new chime module.. Ok now I have a 13' avalanche, where I am connecting my amplifiers to the OEM NAV and Radio. With this in mind, I was assuming the chimes would not be effected being I am still keeping the factory headunit. So I made my connections through the output of the bose amp to my High/Low Converter, to the amplifiers with RCA Cables, Then a 18/9 multiconductor to the console back to the bose amp and spliced to the factory speaker cables. I am now without any chime for any entity on my avalanche. Keep in mind the factory amp is not being bypassed like an aftermarket HU. It is going through the H/L converter to the amp and back to the speakers. Is this something I caused or is this something that happens whenever you cut the speaker cables. If anyone has a simple solution without going through the service dept at my local chevy dealer please let me know...

Thanks

Philip