Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Help!!!

Old November 29th, 2012, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

O.K...So my transmission went out a few weeks ago at 65,000 miles. Ouch! However, my check engine light came on today and now my car stays in V8 mode. Could this be related to the transmission rebuild? Also, for the first time ever...I had maybe put 25 miles on the car since the rebuild and headed to the store. I came out and tried to start the car but the car just cranked and wouldn't start. I cycled the key and it fired right up...Do I have some gremlins or did the company that did my trans rebuild screw something up! Did they not reset some codes or something?

Thanks
Bill

Last edited by tahoeman; November 29th, 2012 at 8:35 PM. Reason: Spelling :)
Old November 30th, 2012, 11:36 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Do you need to cycle the key twice every time to start? If so it could be the fuel pump check valve going bad. You would have to check your fuel pressure when trying to start after sitting for a while.
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Do you need to cycle the key twice every time to start? If so it could be the fuel pump check valve going bad. You would have to check your fuel pressure when trying to start after sitting for a while.
It only happened one time...
Old December 1st, 2012, 10:22 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

As long as it only happened once, there is nothing to worry about. If it starts to happen more frequently, that is a sign of problems to come.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 7:57 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tahoeman
O.K...So my transmission went out a few weeks ago at 65,000 miles. Ouch! However, my check engine light came on today and now my car stays in V8 mode. Could this be related to the transmission rebuild? Also, for the first time ever...I had maybe put 25 miles on the car since the rebuild and headed to the store. I came out and tried to start the car but the car just cranked and wouldn't start. I cycled the key and it fired right up...Do I have some gremlins or did the company that did my trans rebuild screw something up! Did they not reset some codes or something?

Thanks
Bill
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> tahoeman,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. I would be happy to check my resources for any known issues based on your description. If you would like me to proceed, please PM me your VIN.

Louis
GM Customer Service