Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Issues with 2012 Avalanche

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2014, 11:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with 2012 Avalanche

Hello, I am new to these forums. I have a 2012 Chevrolet Avalanche with less than 17000 miles and am pondering trading it in (as painful as it is to say that). I have a couple of glaring issues with it.

1. When I am driving and wish to pass, the vehicle hesitates for a couple of seconds before it finally overreacts and accelerates. I understand that this vehicle downshifts before accelerating, but it is certainly not smooth. This can cause an accident.

2. When I brake I feel that the vehicle lunges forward when the transmission downshifts. This does not always happens, but it happens when I least expect it. It causes me to have to brake significantly harder in order to avoid eating up the person in front of me alive.

I take it to service, and of course they cannot replicate the problems. The 2nd one is particularly unacceptable.

I notice that the NHTSA complaint website has the exact same two complaints regarding the 2011/2012. Anyone else having this issue?
<table style="table-layout: fixed;" border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" class="smalltext" width="100%">
</td></tr><tr><td class="smalltext" id="modified_2082962" valign="bottom">
</td><td class="smalltext" align="right" valign="bottom">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Old August 3rd, 2014, 3:58 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Hi greg1184,

Can I be of any assistance? I understand that you have been experiencing some issue with your vehicle and I do apologize. I would be happy to create a case in our system to document your vehicle concerns and locate a dealership in your area to look at your vehicle. Please private message me referencing this thread if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 14th, 2014, 1:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Hi greg1184,

Can I be of any assistance? I understand that you have been experiencing some issue with your vehicle and I do apologize. I would be happy to create a case in our system to document your vehicle concerns and locate a dealership in your area to look at your vehicle. Please private message me referencing this thread if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Unfortunately, I had the dealer look at it today and they could not recreate the problem. So nothing was fixed. Waste of time.
Old August 14th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks for the update, greg1184. I understand how frustrating it can be when the concern is unable to be duplicated. Does the issue occur under certain circumstances such as particular road or weather conditions? This may be helpful for the technicians to further diagnose. If you experience the concern again, I would suggest bringing the vehicle straight to the dealership if you are able to do so. Please feel free to send us a private message if you need further assistance.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by greg1184
Unfortunately, I had the dealer look at it today and they could not recreate the problem. So nothing was fixed. Waste of time.