Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

2009 navigation drive never turns off??

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2012, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 navigation drive never turns off??

Greetings, my 2009 Avalanche navigation system sounds like the disk is always spinning in the system even when the key is off and you leave the truck for extended periods! Never turns off! Anybody come across this before?

Thanks, Jack
Old February 5th, 2012, 9:58 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the Forum, Jack!!

Have you actually sat in your truck, with the key out of the ignition, and not touching anything to see if it goes off? I'm just wondering if your system is not working correctly.

However, I know for a fact the navigation system in the NNBS ('07+) trucks will continue to run (fan and/or disc spin) for a short period after the truck is turned off. It will also kick on whenever a door is opened or closed.

Last edited by ChevyFreak; February 5th, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old February 5th, 2012, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the welcome to the club. I was involved with the Lexus forum before this vehicle and it saved me a lot of time and money asking the members questions! I was thrilled when i found this site on the computer.

You just may have saved me on this one if what you say is fact (no reason to think otherwise- thanks)! I have sat inside and it would go off after 2 minutes but was confusing me when i opened the truck door after being out of it for hours and would hear it running again. Who would of known that the unit spins up with the opening of a door. What is the logic with that? Will try a couple more times before we conclude it is doing what it is supposed to do. Thanks so much for the reply Chevyfreak!

Jack