Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Please help! Very detailed. Engine codes/service

Old May 31st, 2012, 10:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help! Very detailed. Engine codes/service

Hey all, I'm new to the site and need help! I'm desperate lol! I have an 07' Avalanche bought used at the dealership with 40k miles about 5 months ago. It had a check engine light come on and go off within a month of having it and I brought it to the dealerships attention. They told me not to worry about it unless it comes back on. It did and I brought it in immediately. They told me I needed a fuel injection cleaning and they needed to replace Bank 2 Sensor 2 o2 sensor it was running a little lean. I waited until I had the $ and did it myself to save a few hundred dollars and the problem was persisting. Oh and I forgot to tell you guys the trac control and stabilitrak light would come on and need service and it would shift hard from 1st to 2nd and go off after a few seconds and be fine. Also now the truck has a rough cold start and chokes a second but then runs good. Thats a newer problem that just came up recently.I took it in and explained again the problems and here is what I get.

D1 Stage One Diagnostics 84436 ICM
41550 fuel trim rich dtc p0172 and p0175 set. o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 is suspect and not switching normally. alcohol content reads 48%. poor quality gas could cause these conditions. injection flush is recommended. traction control is c0561. this dtc sets when check engine light sets, not an indicator of fault in abs. reset alcohol content fuel trim.

I am very concerned that the alcohol content is 48% in my fuel and can't see how that could be accurate. I recently ran down the gas to get most of it out of my tank before I brought it in. I read my truck shouldn't be running with 48% and it could kill my engine!!! Its BRAND NEW gas in my truck from Tesoro (where I always for years have gotten my gas). So whats your guys thoughts and I would greatly appreciate any advice/info I can get here but I am pretty broke and just want my truck to be fixed soon and not do any more damage than has been done.
Old June 1st, 2012, 9:03 AM
Site Ambassador

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Run the gas down again and then try a different gas station. You might not have been getting what you thought you were getting (not that station owners ever do anything unscrupulous).
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:25 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Kayne Murray,

I agree with "Camaro 69", try a different station.

Use of the recommended fuel is an important partof the proper maintenance of your vehicle. To help keep your engine clean and maintain optimum vehicle performance, GM recommends the use of gasoline advertised as TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline.

If your vehicle has the 5.3L V8 engine, you may use either regular unleaded gasoline or ethanol fuel containing up to 85% ethanol (E85). In all other engines, use only regular unleaded gasoline. Use regular unleaded gasoline with a posted octane ration of 87 or higher.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old June 1st, 2012, 5:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So with a 5.3 flexfuel the 48% isn't bad for my motor? I will switch gas stations even if so though to try it out.